*** 2.2.0 ***
- NEW: The Cortex-Mx port now also supports the IAR and Keil compilers.
- NEW: Improvements to the Cortex-Mx port.
- NEW: Improved ARM port supporting both ARM7 and ARM9.
- NEW: Support for binary semaphores in the kernel.
- NEW: Improved kernel hooks.
- NEW: Extensive improvements to the STM32 platform support.
- NEW: SPI drivers for the AT91SAM7x, LPC11xx, LPC13xx, LPC214x, STM8S,
- NEW: Unified STM8 port for both the Cosmic and the Raisonance compilers.
- NEW: Demos for the STM8S-Discovery, STM8L-Discovery, STM32VL-Discovery
- NEW: Improved almost all the existing device driver models in the HAL.
- NEW: Added test/example applications for all the device drivers in the HAL.
- NEW: Added support for the STM8L platform.
- NEW: New UART unbuffered serial device driver model.
- NEW: Greatly improved documentation.
- NEW: Lots of other minor improvements and optimizations, see the change
log of the 2.1.x development branch for details.
*** 2.2.1 ***
- FIX: Stack overflow in CM0 ports when nearing interrupts saturation (bug
- FIX: Fixed missing e200z test report (bug 3182611).
- FIX: Fixed error in _BSEMAPHORE_DATA macro (bug 3184139).
- FIX: Error in MAC driver (bug 3179783).
- FIX: Fixed wrong serial driver macros (bug 3173336).
*** 2.2.2 ***
- FIX: Fixed race condition in CM0 ports, the fix also improves the
ISR latency (bug 3193062).
- FIX: Fixed Cortex-Mx linker scripts alignment of __heap_base__, the
correct alignment is now enforced at runtime into core_init() in order
to make the OS integration easier (bug 3191112).
- FIX: Fixed error in function chCoreAllocI() function documentation (bug
- FIX: Fixed minor problem with memory pools (bug 3190512).
- NEW: Added I-Class functions to the MailBoxes subsystem, now it is
possible to use them as a transport layer between ISRs and Threads.
- CHANGE: Swapped the numeric values of the TIME_IMMEDIATE and TIME_INFINITE
constants. Fixed the relative documentation in various places.
- Documentation related fixes.
*** 2.2.3 ***
- FIX: Fixed insufficient idle thread stack in Cortex-M0-GCC port
- FIX: Fixed stack checking in Cortex-M0-GCC port (bug 3226657).
- FIX: Fixed wrong checks in PAL driver (bug 3224681).
- FIX: Fixed wrong checks in I/O Queues (bug 3219197).
- FIX: Fixed invalid assertion in adcConvert() (bug 3205410).
- NEW: Implemented stack checking in the Cortex-Mx RVCT port.
- NEW: Improved preemption implementation for the Cortex-M0, now it uses
the NMI vector in order to restore the original context. The change makes
IRQ handling faster and also saves some RAM/ROM space. The GCC port code
now does not inline the epilogue code in each ISR saving significant ROM
space for each interrupt handler in the system.
*** 2.2.4 ***
- FIX: Fixed CodeBlocks demo broken (bug 3304718).
- FIX: Fixed race condition in output queues (bug 3303908).
- FIX: Fixed CH_USE_HEAP and CH_USE_MALLOC_HEAP conflict (bug 3303841).
- FIX: Fixed timeout problem in the lwIP interface layer (bug 3302420).
- FIX: Fixed invalid BRR() macro in AVR serial driver (bug 3299306).
- FIX: Fixed missing IRQ vectors amicable names for STM32 XL devices (bug
- FIX: Fixed wrong identifier in AVR serial driver (bug 3292084).
- FIX: Fixed wrong macro check for STM32 XL devices (bug 3291898).
- FIX: Fixed SPI driver restart in STM32 SPI driver implementation, also
applied the same fix to the STM8S SPI driver (bug 3288758).
- FIX: Fixed missing state transition in ADC driver (bug 3288149).
- FIX: Fixed missing state transition in SPI driver (bug 3288112).
- NEW: Added an option to the kernel to not spawn the Idle Thread from within
chSysInit(), this way the application can spawn a custom idle thread or
even use the main() thread as idle thread.
- CHANGE: chiQGetFullI() and chOQGetFullI() become macros. The queues
subsystem has been optimized and is no more dependent on semaphores.
Note that the queues callbacks invocation policy has been slightly
changed, see the documentation.
*** 2.2.5 ***
- FIX: Fixed STM32F107 demo build failure (bug 3294998).
- NEW: Reorganization of the Cortex-Mx ports in order to reduced code and
comments duplication in the various headers (backported to 2.2.5).
- NEW: Improved the ARMv7-M sub-port now there are two modes: Compact and
The advanced mode is equivalent to the previous versions, the compact mode
is new and makes the kernel *much* smaller and generally faster but does
not support fast interrupts.
- NEW: Added to the ARMv6-M sub-port an option to use the PendSV exception
instead of NMI for preemption.
*** 2.2.6 ***
- FIX: Fixed race condition in Cortex-Mx ports (bug 3317500).
- FIX: Fixed wrong macro check in STM32 UART driver (bug 3311999).
*** 2.2.7 ***
- INFO: GCC test runs performed with YAGARTO 4.6.0.
- NEW: Added debug plugin for Eclipse under ./tools/eclipse.
- NEW: The debug macros chDbgCheck() and chDbgAssert() now can be externally
redefined. The macro chDbgCheck() no more includes the line number in the
description because incompatibility with the Cosmic compiler.
- NEW: Added a new functionality to the registry subsystem, now it is possible
to associate a name to the threads using chRegSetThreadName. The main and
idle threads have their name assigned by default.
- FIX: Fixed wrong check on CH_DBG_ENABLE_STACK_CHECK setting (bug 3387671).
- FIX: Fixed wrong APB1 frequency check (bug 3361039).
- FIX: Fixed missing state in shell demos (bug 3351556).
- CHANGE: Removed todo.txt file, it does not belong to the stable version.
*** 2.2.8 ***
- NEW: Added new API chThdExitS() in order to allow atomic operations on
- FIX: Fixed Extra initialization in STM32 SPI driver (bug 3436127).
- FIX: Fixed DMA priority setting error in STM32 UART driver (bug 3436125).
- FIX: Fixed DMA priority setting error in STM32 SPI driver (bug 3436124).
- FIX: Fixed broken support for UART5 in STM32 serial driver (bug 3434094).
- FIX: Fixed misplaced chRegSetThreadName() in ARM7-AT91SAM7S-FATFS-GCC demo
- FIX: Fixed missing UART5 definition in STM32 HAL (bug 3411774).
- FIX: The function chThdExit() triggers an error on shell return when the
system state checker is enabled (bug 3411207).
- FIX: Some ARMCMx makefiles refer the file rules.mk in the ARM7 port (bug
Users browsing this forum: Tech7C9 and 0 guests