That's great news! Maybe it's a straightforward issue.
I got it to mostly work, but still not 100% so I want to follow up on this. Let me send you a small app over the weekend. How did you format the card? I have the inkling that may have some influence. Not sure.
ian
Search found 42 matches
- Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
- Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:42 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
I fix the crash too. My file saver thread stack size was too small. Now everything works BUT the 4Gb cards were writing in single block. When buffer the output data they start writing multiblock and fail with the timeout again. Oh well, works for now.
ian
ian
- Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
Well... I fixed the DMA issue (there was some mismatch in the indexes inside the interrupt) but now I get ff to crash regularly. It's a bit late now but I'll come back to it tomorrow.
ian
ian
- Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
Well... The good news is that it's mostly working
The bad news is that somehow I can't get both ADC3 and SDIO working at the same time (I'm sure it has to do with sharing the DMA2_Ch4_5 interrupt) but I'll keep pouncing at it. There is also a rare case in which fatfs breaks internally (i suspect ...
The bad news is that somehow I can't get both ADC3 and SDIO working at the same time (I'm sure it has to do with sharing the DMA2_Ch4_5 interrupt) but I'll keep pouncing at it. There is also a rare case in which fatfs breaks internally (i suspect ...
- Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:56 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
A quick clarification, the 100 Mb write and read tests were done with H2testw, a free utility to test disk I/O speed.
- Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:59 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
If this is a low level unfixable issue, would it be possible to have a version that uses single block writes? Sort of a hack but it would let me use high capacity cards.
ian
ian
- Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
More data: In sdc.c line 186 there's a check for SD V2.0 which passes for the HC cards. Is that supposed to be in braces {} ? Without braces it falls trough and gets reset to SD V1.1 which then sets the ocr to 0x8... and then the initialization loop fails (gets stuck). If I add the braces the init ...
- Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:47 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
ianmga wrote: It seems that the PNY card should be good for my needs but I wish I understood the problem.
Actually, I guess not, since it fails sdConnect(). It works with the STLib functions.
- Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:45 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
I got a bunch of cards and ran tests and I'm not sure I understand what I see. They all work for the 1 Mb copy file test (copies a file in fread / fwrites of 512 bytes) using the fatfs with the STLib SD functions. However three SDHC 4Gb class 4 SD cards fail on sdConnect(). I am not sure if it's a ...
- Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:30 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Debugging SDIO
- Replies: 30
- Views: 26516
Re: Debugging SDIO
I'm going to try with a few different cards, don't worry about it. I was asking in case you had.