Hi,
I have further confirmation of my hypothesis regard the MCO issue.
This morning a FXO-HC73 oscillator has arrived (stability +/-50ppm).
I placed and soldered it close to the discovery microphone chip so as to inject the clock right on the pin PC9 (the worst possible place, 10cm away from the ...
Search found 4 matches
- Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:01 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32 Ethernet Demo
- Replies: 259
- Views: 228900
- Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32 Ethernet Demo
- Replies: 259
- Views: 228900
Re: STM32 Ethernet Demo
Thanks Ruwe,
of course I read datasheet and reference manual thoroughly, so I had doubts it would work.
But I equally wanted to try... the board is easily 'patchable'.
Isidoro
of course I read datasheet and reference manual thoroughly, so I had doubts it would work.
But I equally wanted to try... the board is easily 'patchable'.
Isidoro
- Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32 Ethernet Demo
- Replies: 259
- Views: 228900
Re: STM32 Ethernet Demo
Giovanni,
It was one of the first test I did, shortly before you've suggested that. More, I tried also with a laboratory grade external clock generator in place of the 8MHz crystal (to exclude the latter).
IMHO this issue is closed, at least with this revision (A) of the F4 chip.
Isidoro
It was one of the first test I did, shortly before you've suggested that. More, I tried also with a laboratory grade external clock generator in place of the 8MHz crystal (to exclude the latter).
IMHO this issue is closed, at least with this revision (A) of the F4 chip.
Isidoro
- Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:50 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32 Ethernet Demo
- Replies: 259
- Views: 228900
Re: STM32 Ethernet Demo
Hi,
I'm the engineer who developed the commercial board being quoted by Giovanni. This board will be used into an industrial machine.
Well, IMHO, the F4 PLLs are inadequate to clock an ETH PHY.
I've done many tests before asserting this. I will briefly report it below.
On my board I use MCO2 on ...
I'm the engineer who developed the commercial board being quoted by Giovanni. This board will be used into an industrial machine.
Well, IMHO, the F4 PLLs are inadequate to clock an ETH PHY.
I've done many tests before asserting this. I will briefly report it below.
On my board I use MCO2 on ...