Hello,
I wonder if there is any thread limit on Chibios?
I am currently running a 3 thread project on an AVR (ATMEGA328P) with 2k of RAM and wenever I try to activate a fourth thread, it simply does not run at all. If I change initialization position on mainthread, then, the last one is never ...
Search found 8 matches
- Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:14 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Thread limit?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2093
- Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:56 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: EventHandlers not responding
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6375
Re: EventHandlers not responding
No reason at all, I simply did not know where to start them.
So If I put the and on the mainthread, that code will work?
So If I put the
Code: Select all
chEvtInit(&controllerEvt);Code: Select all
chEvtRegister(&controllerEvt, &ledListener, OPERATE_LED);- Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:55 am
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: EventHandlers not responding
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6375
EventHandlers not responding
Hello,
I am trying to use an Event to activate a thread. The event is fired after some timeout from Thread1 and Thread2 must receive it and act accordingly.
I have implemented both threads as below, however Thread2 is not being activated. Could someone helpe and point me on the code below where ...
I am trying to use an Event to activate a thread. The event is fired after some timeout from Thread1 and Thread2 must receive it and act accordingly.
I have implemented both threads as below, however Thread2 is not being activated. Could someone helpe and point me on the code below where ...
- Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7900
Re: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
Thanks for the help Utzig.
The Xbee library uses the HardwareSerial for communication, I have not written the lib, but as far as I can see, it has no interaction with Timer0 whatsoever.
...the softwareserial on the other hand, is using PD4 as RX and PD5 as TX pins, from the datasheet PD4 and PD5 ...
The Xbee library uses the HardwareSerial for communication, I have not written the lib, but as far as I can see, it has no interaction with Timer0 whatsoever.
...the softwareserial on the other hand, is using PD4 as RX and PD5 as TX pins, from the datasheet PD4 and PD5 ...
- Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7900
Re: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
Now I have re-enabled thread4, but removed all things related to the hardwareserial (UART) and added some strings to keep RAM usage at the same level.
The chTimeNow() on this scenario is working as it should. So it seems to me that somehow, the HardwareSerial from Arduino is interfering with the ...
The chTimeNow() on this scenario is working as it should. So it seems to me that somehow, the HardwareSerial from Arduino is interfering with the ...
- Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:52 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7900
Re: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
Yes, I'm using the arduino version, but the board is of my design, it is based on Atmega328P-AN.
I am programming it via ICSP and de Serial is connected to a communication device. Since I don't have a debugger, I need to use the softserial to perform such verification.
I have checked the RAM (just ...
I am programming it via ICSP and de Serial is connected to a communication device. Since I don't have a debugger, I need to use the softserial to perform such verification.
I have checked the RAM (just ...
- Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7900
Re: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
Down below you can see the SETUP and MAIN, as for the Tick frequency, I have not changed anything on the default values, the AVR is running on 16Mhz.
There are some constants and global variables defined not shown here, but none of then related to OS or chTimeNow.
void mainThread() {
#ifdef DEBUG ...
There are some constants and global variables defined not shown here, but none of then related to OS or chTimeNow.
void mainThread() {
#ifdef DEBUG ...
- Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:26 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7900
chTimeNow() does not seem to be working
Hello,
I have a 4 thread program, where the "main" thread waits for a given time before starting actions on the other 3. However, only the "main" thread keeps running.
This is the thread (just the basics):
static WORKING_AREA(waThread3, 64);
static msg_t mainP(void *arg) {
systime_t time ...
I have a 4 thread program, where the "main" thread waits for a given time before starting actions on the other 3. However, only the "main" thread keeps running.
This is the thread (just the basics):
static WORKING_AREA(waThread3, 64);
static msg_t mainP(void *arg) {
systime_t time ...