Search found 18 matches

by likewise
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm
Forum: ChibiOS/RT
Topic: Mutex possible bug.
Replies: 4
Views: 4522

Re: Mutex possible bug.

Giovanni wrote:2.6.9, 3.0.1 and trunk were affected, fixed on repository.


Did the bug appear first in these revisions, or was it already there earlier (in 3.0.0 for example)?
by likewise
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:53 pm
Forum: ChibiOS/HAL
Topic: Using chprintf() in os-less HAL.
Replies: 1
Views: 3251

Using chprintf() in os-less HAL.

Hello,

in an os-less small program (bootloader) using the os-less OSAL for the HAL, I wanted to use chprintf() at least during development. However, chprintf() has a very small (macro) dependency on chSequentialStreamPut. This means the build fails with this compiler error:


In function ...
by likewise
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: [INFO] Tickless mode for ChibiOS/RT 3.0
Replies: 14
Views: 12276

Re: [INFO] Tickless mode for ChibiOS/RT 3.0

Hi Giovanni,

again, long time but I see you have been carefully coding the 3.x kernel with tickless and high-resolution modes. Great timing, giving the STM32L parts but also SAML21 parts, or maybe even the nRF52xx part, all claiming around 37 uW/MHz. I was about to start playing with these parts ...
by likewise
Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 am
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: [INFO] Tickless mode for ChibiOS/RT 3.0
Replies: 14
Views: 12276

Re: [INFO] Tickless mode for ChibiOS/RT 3.0

Giovanni,

wow, tickless!

It will probably open new cans of worms, but I think there may be added value to a tickless RTOS. Or do you think RT is contradictionary to tickless?

Random thoughts:

Do you know of any processors that can be waken from deep sleep from the internal RTC? (Instead of an ...
by likewise
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: STM32 Ethernet Demo
Replies: 259
Views: 228690

Re: STM32 Ethernet Demo

Hello guys,

thanks for sharing and finding all the lwIP/ChibiOS/RT issues so far.

I experimented with zero-copy on an AVR32 platform (i.e. DMA directly into pbuf buffers) and IP, UDP and TCP worked on the inbound path, but ICMP did not. I have done a lwIP code investigation and I do not think that ...
by likewise
Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:48 am
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!
Replies: 16
Views: 16090

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

JetForMe wrote:Is this a toolchain that can run on Mac OS X?


Yes, should work for OS X if you rebuild it. I have a prebuilt one here, including the build script, for OS X and Linux: http://www.sidebranch.nl/cortexm3/

It is not bleeding-edge, but it is proven.

Regards,

Leon.
by likewise
Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: lwip 1.4.0
Replies: 17
Views: 18274

Re: lwip 1.4.0

Scrap bug report, user error.

Now, to remove the copy loop in packet reception, I think PBUF_PREF will not do, as we never know when the pbuf is freed, and we need to maintain the descriptor along with the pbuf.

There is support for custom pbufs in lwIP, which can call a custom callback function ...
by likewise
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:54 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: IDLE_LOOP_HOOK idea
Replies: 7
Views: 7439

Re: IDLE_LOOP_HOOK idea

I ended up with this, as indeed the string appeared a few times in the .text section. This is for chcore_v7m.h|c:

.h:

#if defined(__DOXYGEN__)
#define port_switch(ntp, otp) _port_switch(ntp, otp)
#else
#define port_switch(ntp, otp) { \
THREAD_SWITCH_HOOK(ntp, otp); \
_port_switch(ntp, otp ...
by likewise
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 pm
Forum: General Support
Topic: qwait() chDbgPanic()
Replies: 3
Views: 4778

Re: qwait() chDbgPanic()

Confirmed. I think having a panic_msg for "stack overflow" makes good sense, like the (newer?) non-GCC ports for ARM seem to have.

Regards,

Leon.
by likewise
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:38 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: IDLE_LOOP_HOOK idea
Replies: 7
Views: 7439

Re: IDLE_LOOP_HOOK idea

I think now that the "stack overflow" message is there, the stack check should be in the C _port_switch(), to prevent that string from re-appearing in different object files and functions through the macro, taking up extra memory.

The port_switch() macro is used 3 times in the chsch.c file ...