Search found 5 matches
- Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: POSIX-GCC simulator?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3174
POSIX-GCC simulator?
Searching through the threads, it seems that a simulator on Linux existed in history. However, I don't find one in current version. Is it simply dropped? How difficult would it be to put this functionality back?
- Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:50 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: Do I need to link printf libraries if I use chprintf?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5625
Re: Do I need to link printf libraries if I use chprintf?
Ah, I see. Just as a side question, is there a way to use chprintf atomically? Or is there something that can acquire the serial bus? Or must I use other method of locking?
- Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:42 am
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: Do I need to link printf libraries if I use chprintf?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5625
Do I need to link printf libraries if I use chprintf?
In the makefiles, I see the PRINTF_LIB_MIN, PRINTF_LIB_FLOAT, etc. Do I need these for chprintf to work? When I comment these out, the program compiles just fine, and the sizes are the same. The same stays true for scanf related stuff, although there is no chScanf equivalent.
Actually, `chPrintf ...
Actually, `chPrintf ...
- Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:59 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/NIL
- Topic: AVR Nil demo takes up almost 6k?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 70841
Re: AVR Nil demo takes up almost 6k?
OK, after some investigation, it looks like that those 5K are actually taken by HAL. Enabling everything in Nil config simply adds a few hundred B to the final size, so I guess that is it.
- Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:39 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/NIL
- Topic: AVR Nil demo takes up almost 6k?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 70841
AVR Nil demo takes up almost 6k?
According to the documents, ChibiOS/Nil should not exceed 1KB at maximum configuration. However, when I try to compile the NIL-ARDUINOUNO demo:
Size after:
AVR Memory Usage
----------------
Device: atmega328p
Program: 5278 bytes (16.1% Full)
(.text + .data + . ...
Size after:
AVR Memory Usage
----------------
Device: atmega328p
Program: 5278 bytes (16.1% Full)
(.text + .data + . ...