Search found 53 matches

by robert_o
Fri Oct 17, 2025 9:07 am
Forum: General Support
Topic: RP2040 SIO Help
Replies: 3
Views: 5350

Re: RP2040 SIO Help

Just to write the solution here:

Code: Select all

  /*
   * Setting up GPIOs.
   */
  palSetLineMode(0U, PAL_MODE_ALTERNATE_UART);
  palSetLineMode(1U, PAL_MODE_ALTERNATE_UART);


Pin Setup is missing from Example!
Tested with 21.11.4.
--robert
by robert_o
Mon Oct 13, 2025 7:21 am
Forum: General Support
Topic: RP2040 SIO Help
Replies: 3
Views: 5350

Re: RP2040 SIO Help

Thanks i will try.
I am using 21.11 but the examples in the community folder are for 21.6. I think that's the problem.
--robert
by robert_o
Fri Oct 10, 2025 10:01 am
Forum: General Support
Topic: RP2040 SIO Help
Replies: 3
Views: 5350

RP2040 SIO Help

Hello everybody, i am starting with a RP2040 and i have set up my build system to output .uf2 files. I use ChibiStudio with ChibiOS stable 21.11. I changes the makefile accordingly and compiled the ChibiStudio/chibios_stable-21.11.x/community/testhal/RP/RP2040/RT-RP2040-PICO-SERIAL project and it ...
by robert_o
Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:37 pm
Forum: General Support
Topic: Conceptual Question (USB Data Transfer)
Replies: 2
Views: 25356

Re: Conceptual Question (USB Data Transfer)

Thanks for your reply Giovanni.
That is what i am doing now. I send 16k in a 32k buffer and start a "write thread" if the checksum is ok. Then i send another 16k in the second half while the writing of the data continues.
I just have some problems with the feedback how much is written already, it ...
by robert_o
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:58 am
Forum: General Support
Topic: Conceptual Question (USB Data Transfer)
Replies: 2
Views: 25356

Conceptual Question (USB Data Transfer)

Hello everybody,
i would like to build an XSFV Player (CPLD Programmer) with ChibiOS. I already have a working Version on: ( Github ).
The Board is a STM32F401 "BlackPill" Board.
I have a modified communications protocol from an old project which uses a block transfer with checksum. The client on ...
by robert_o
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:01 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: two USB CDC with shell - only one working
Replies: 7
Views: 7527

Re: two USB CDC with shell - only one working

Just one thought:
isn't it possible to create an additional UNIdirectional ttyACM?
From an endpoint count it should work:
"fullsize" ttyACM: 2-IN, 1-OUT
"small" ttyACM 1-IN, 1-OUT
total: 3-IN, 2-OUT which should work. The small tty can be used for uploading data from the PC (OUT is seen from Host ...
by robert_o
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:05 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: two USB CDC with shell - only one working
Replies: 7
Views: 7527

Re: two USB CDC with shell - only one working

I think i found the problem.
Quote:
"It's worth noting that CDC requires 2 IN and 1 OUT endpoints, so the working with multiple CDC devices depends really on the USB instance you are using (FS or HS).Within the OTG_FS we have 3 IN / 3 OUT endpoints, so you can only have one CDC. Otherwise, within ...
by robert_o
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:30 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: two USB CDC with shell - only one working
Replies: 7
Views: 7527

Re: two USB CDC with shell - only one working

I just looked at the Reference Manuals of the F303 and the F411 and i don't even know where to look.
The USB FS Peripherals are different because the F411 has OTG Feature which the F303 hasn't.
I am lost.

-robert
by robert_o
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:02 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: two USB CDC with shell - only one working
Replies: 7
Views: 7527

Re: two USB CDC with shell - only one working

Thank you for your quick answer.
I additionaly tested a Nucleo F401 and a F411RE board. Both show the same result.
I use the USB_FS NOT the HS because the F401 and the F411 don't have it. So i assumed it is the same as the F3, but i'll check.

I am quite new to USB.

thanks,
robert.
by robert_o
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:55 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: two USB CDC with shell - only one working
Replies: 7
Views: 7527

two USB CDC with shell - only one working

Hello everybody.
I am trying to get the USB_CDC_IAD from the testhal dir to work on my F411CE board. I already got it working on a F303 Nucleo (i had to port it from Discovery F303 to Nucleo64 F303) and it works as it should. I have two shells in two ttyACM ports.
I use a "Blackpill" board with a ...