Search found 17 matches
- Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10027
Re: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
So just a quick update to this. I was missing a pullup resistor on the MDIO line, which appears to be what was causing the hang. I am also using the Micrel KSZ8051RNL PHY which does not appear to be supported in the ChibiOS MAC driver just yet. Some small modifications the ST library code (see http ...
- Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10027
Re: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
No, I am using an expansion board that I designed myself. So hardware errors are not out of the question, but I am quite confident everything is routed correctly (verified with ohmmeter).
- Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:07 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10027
Re: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
Hi,
Is the PHY correctly clocked?
Giovanni
Hello Giovanni. Yes. I am using the KSZ8051 which takes a 25 MHz signal from a crystal/oscillator and then provides the 50 MHz reference clock to the MAC.
Did you set the PAL modes correctly? The halInit() fails when the PHY does not respond ...
Is the PHY correctly clocked?
Giovanni
Hello Giovanni. Yes. I am using the KSZ8051 which takes a 25 MHz signal from a crystal/oscillator and then provides the 50 MHz reference clock to the MAC.
Did you set the PAL modes correctly? The halInit() fails when the PHY does not respond ...
- Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10027
Hang on STM32F4 Discovery and MAC driver
I have an expansion board that is using the STM32F4 Discovery board to add an ethernet PHY and use the MAC driver in ChibiOS. Unfortunately the LIS302DL uses PA7 for MOSI, which is the only pin that can be used for RMII_CRS_DV so I had to remove the accelerometer. A basic LED blink code works just ...
- Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:05 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15587
Re: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
I initially did follow the example almost exactly. Those were things I had added in my initial debugging before hooking up the logic analyzer. The problem was trying to talk to the SD card too soon after power was applied. The SD card simply never responded. The moment I changed the polling interval ...
- Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:49 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15587
Re: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
And I finally figured out what the problem was. As best as I can determine, I was trying to read the card too soon before power was applied. Changing MMC_POLLING_DELAY to 100 and MMC_POLLING_INTERVAL to 10 in halconf.h allowed enough time after power up to get everything working well.
- Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:20 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15587
Re: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
*edit nm-was probing the wrong line. nSS goes low just as expected. So I am still seeing the same thing. Clock going, with MOSI always high and MISO always low.
- Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15587
Re: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
It looks like it was a problem with my toolchain. I was using summon-arm-toolchain which was causing the hangup. I switched the toolchain to CodeSourcery 2011.03 release and I'm not getting it anymore. Now to see if that solves the MMC_SPI problem as well.
- Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:28 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15587
Re: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
Well, it looks like I am having the same problem with the F1 board. I can't be exactly sure as it is difficult to hook up the LA to it so I haven't done that yet. But fs_ready never toggle true.
Also, it seems like there is bug with the latest trunk, as line 165 of shell.c (code - lp = strtok_r ...
Also, it seems like there is bug with the latest trunk, as line 165 of shell.c (code - lp = strtok_r ...
- Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:33 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15587
Re: MMC_SPI problems on STM32
No, I am using a 2GB SD card.
I have seen this on both my custom F2 board and the F4-Discovery board. I will see if I can dig up an old F1 board to try it out on.
I have seen this on both my custom F2 board and the F4-Discovery board. I will see if I can dig up an old F1 board to try it out on.