Hi,
Any ideas how to proceed further then. By the way now I am using STM32F407xE.ld file
Thanks
Search found 19 matches
- Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:53 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Linker script file for chibios
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4085
- Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Linker script file for chibios
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4085
Linker script file for chibios
Hi,
I am using STM32F407VE controller. In datasheet it is given that :
STM32F407xx family incorporates high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 1 Mbyte, up to 192 Kbytes of SRAM).
But in the linker script for STM32F407xG. ld file and STM32F407xE. ld file the following change is seen ...
I am using STM32F407VE controller. In datasheet it is given that :
STM32F407xx family incorporates high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 1 Mbyte, up to 192 Kbytes of SRAM).
But in the linker script for STM32F407xG. ld file and STM32F407xE. ld file the following change is seen ...
- Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:40 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
Where is the scatter file located or what is the exact name of this scatter file.
Also do I need to set the same value in flash 1 as I set in flash 0 or some other value.
Thanks
Where is the scatter file located or what is the exact name of this scatter file.
Also do I need to set the same value in flash 1 as I set in flash 0 or some other value.
Thanks
- Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
How to set the VTOR in chibios ?
For HAL application:
I am setting the VTOR in .ld file of the sample application code.
I am only setting flash0 : org = 0x08020000, len = 512k in .ld file of chibios. Also if bootloader jumps to application address, then it starts executing from main ...
How to set the VTOR in chibios ?
For HAL application:
I am setting the VTOR in .ld file of the sample application code.
I am only setting flash0 : org = 0x08020000, len = 512k in .ld file of chibios. Also if bootloader jumps to application address, then it starts executing from main ...
- Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:05 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/RT
- Topic: STM32F405 bootloader issues
- Replies: 8
- Views: 10621
Re: STM32F405 bootloader issues
The problem was vector table alignment! Also I found it necessary to set STM32_NO_INIT otherwise crash when reinitialise clocks.
Thanks!
Hi,
I wanted to relocate my chibios to sector 5(0x08020000).
How are you setting the vector table offset. I am using STM32F407 controller.
I am able to ...
Thanks!
Hi,
I wanted to relocate my chibios to sector 5(0x08020000).
How are you setting the vector table offset. I am using STM32F407 controller.
I am able to ...
- Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
I carried out some test and got the results. This might help in getting a clear idea why chibios is not able to relocate to different sector.
For example : I made a bootloader code in HAL and a simple application code in HAL, then it is working.
Bootloader code Application code Result
1 ...
I carried out some test and got the results. This might help in getting a clear idea why chibios is not able to relocate to different sector.
For example : I made a bootloader code in HAL and a simple application code in HAL, then it is working.
Bootloader code Application code Result
1 ...
- Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:54 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
Any inputs from your side for relocating the chibios to different sector(Any extra changes to be made in code).
Thanks
Any inputs from your side for relocating the chibios to different sector(Any extra changes to be made in code).
Thanks
- Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:46 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
I am using the following version of chibios. In this version is it necessary to set CORTEX_VTOR_INIT
/*
* @brief ChibiOS version string.
*/
#define CH_VERSION "19.1.2"
Thanks
I am using the following version of chibios. In this version is it necessary to set CORTEX_VTOR_INIT
/*
* @brief ChibiOS version string.
*/
#define CH_VERSION "19.1.2"
Thanks
- Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:33 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
After changing the following info in STM32F407xG.ld file, my vector in ch.list file now points to sector 5 which I think is correct. But still the code is not getting started.
STM32F407xG.ld file :
flash0 : org = 0x08020000, len = 512k
ch.list file :
Disassembly of section .vectors ...
After changing the following info in STM32F407xG.ld file, my vector in ch.list file now points to sector 5 which I think is correct. But still the code is not getting started.
STM32F407xG.ld file :
flash0 : org = 0x08020000, len = 512k
ch.list file :
Disassembly of section .vectors ...
- Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:27 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29353
Re: ChibiOS crashes when my firmware is not at beginning of flash memory
Hi,
Any update on the above issue (for relocating chibios to different sector).
Any update on the above issue (for relocating chibios to different sector).