Proof of concept solution
https://github.com/FOME-Tech/ChibiOS/co ... 4674d910f7
Search found 14 matches
- Wed Feb 04, 2026 9:30 am
- Forum: Small Change Requests
- Topic: MMC SPI Cache Friendlyness: use spiPolledExchange
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6636
- Wed Feb 04, 2026 9:27 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: STM32H7 Silicon errata for SPI peripheral
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3497
STM32H7 Silicon errata for SPI peripheral
The STM32H7 suffers a silicon bug in the SPI peripheral which results in a garbage byte being read by the peripheral when using DMA.
The ST Errata sheet provides a workaround for this issue in the form of a reset of the peripheral before continuing.
We got a proof of concept fix for the issue below ...
The ST Errata sheet provides a workaround for this issue in the form of a reset of the peripheral before continuing.
We got a proof of concept fix for the issue below ...
- Sat Oct 11, 2025 4:15 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: QSPI/WSPI Still broken on H7?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6162
QSPI/WSPI Still broken on H7?
Hello,
Im currently working a on custom H743 board with a Winbond W25Q128 flash IC connected via WSPI with the following pins:
#include "w25q256jv.h"
#include "hal_flash_device.h"
#include "hal_serial_nor.h"
#include "hal_mfs.h"
#define NO_CACHE __attribute__((section(".ram3 ...
Im currently working a on custom H743 board with a Winbond W25Q128 flash IC connected via WSPI with the following pins:
#include "w25q256jv.h"
#include "hal_flash_device.h"
#include "hal_serial_nor.h"
#include "hal_mfs.h"
#define NO_CACHE __attribute__((section(".ram3 ...
- Sun May 18, 2025 7:50 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: LVGL Support
- Replies: 6
- Views: 16874
Re: LVGL Support
Giovanni wrote:Yes, it would need a proxy API to make delegation transparent.
Giovanni
I've updated the documentation I've created for LVGL with an example use of delegates.
https://github.com/lvgl/lvgl/blob/dffc2 ... hibios.rst
In fact im seeing a noticable performance increase in using those instead of mutexes.
- Sun May 18, 2025 5:31 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: LVGL Support
- Replies: 6
- Views: 16874
Re: LVGL Support
Hi,
Which is the better way to give this a try? I always wanted to integrate LVGL but never had time...
About the implementation, while considering LVGL I thought that a simpler approach could be to run the whole thing inside a single thread so no synchronization primitives would be required.
In ...
Which is the better way to give this a try? I always wanted to integrate LVGL but never had time...
About the implementation, while considering LVGL I thought that a simpler approach could be to run the whole thing inside a single thread so no synchronization primitives would be required.
In ...
- Thu May 15, 2025 10:56 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: LVGL Support
- Replies: 6
- Views: 16874
Re: LVGL Support
For anyone interested
https://github.com/lvgl/lvgl/pull/8198
https://github.com/lvgl/lvgl/pull/8198
- Thu May 15, 2025 11:31 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Two FDCAN interfaces on STM32H7
- Replies: 2
- Views: 18359
Re: Two FDCAN interfaces on STM32H7
Thank You Edoardo.
The problem was in a old version of ChibiOS in my project. After pulling the latest changes everything works.
I can confirm H743 works fine.
The problem was in a old version of ChibiOS in my project. After pulling the latest changes everything works.
I can confirm H743 works fine.
- Tue May 13, 2025 8:04 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Two FDCAN interfaces on STM32H7
- Replies: 2
- Views: 18359
Two FDCAN interfaces on STM32H7
Hello,
I've been scrathing my head to get two fdcan interfaces working simultaneously, from what I've gathered the problem lays in the fact that both interfaces share the same memory area. I've tried spliting them into two 1280 word area's but this doesn't seems to solve the issue.
Any help would ...
I've been scrathing my head to get two fdcan interfaces working simultaneously, from what I've gathered the problem lays in the fact that both interfaces share the same memory area. I've tried spliting them into two 1280 word area's but this doesn't seems to solve the issue.
Any help would ...
- Sun Apr 13, 2025 9:09 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: LVGL Support
- Replies: 6
- Views: 16874
LVGL Support
Hello,
Im currently playing around with LVGL on ChibiOS, I wanted to ask some professional minds if im adapting the required RTOS functions correctly. I've based my code on the present FreeRTOS implementation in LVGL.
Code below:
/**
* @file lv_chibios.h
*/
#ifndef LV_CHIBIOS_H
#define ...
Im currently playing around with LVGL on ChibiOS, I wanted to ask some professional minds if im adapting the required RTOS functions correctly. I've based my code on the present FreeRTOS implementation in LVGL.
Code below:
/**
* @file lv_chibios.h
*/
#ifndef LV_CHIBIOS_H
#define ...
- Sat Apr 05, 2025 12:00 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: STM32H743 FMC driver porting from F4/F7
- Replies: 4
- Views: 13717
Re: STM32H743 FMC driver porting from F4/F7
Problem solved.
The ChibiOS-Contrib driver was missing a bit in the BTCR[0] register that enables the FMC.
Line in question FMC_Bank1_R->BTCR[0] |= FMC_BCR1_FMCEN;
void sdram_lld_start(SDRAMDriver *sdramp, const SDRAMConfig *cfgp)
{
sdramp->sdram->SDCR1 = cfgp->sdcr;
sdramp->sdram->SDTR1 = cfgp ...
The ChibiOS-Contrib driver was missing a bit in the BTCR[0] register that enables the FMC.
Line in question FMC_Bank1_R->BTCR[0] |= FMC_BCR1_FMCEN;
void sdram_lld_start(SDRAMDriver *sdramp, const SDRAMConfig *cfgp)
{
sdramp->sdram->SDCR1 = cfgp->sdcr;
sdramp->sdram->SDTR1 = cfgp ...