chThdExit() is equivalent to return but this does not include finalization code of course.
To me this means they are not equivalent. Equivalent would mean the exact same cpu instructions will be executed, but since destructors will not be called when using chThdExit(), the code with return will ...
Search found 77 matches
- Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: C++ local stack allocated instance destructor
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5787
- Mon May 27, 2013 10:20 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: C++ local stack allocated instance destructor
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5787
Re: C++ local stack allocated instance destructor
If chThdExit() never returns, and the compiler doesn't know this (which it seems like it will not), doesn't this imply that the cleanup code for user defined types (i.e., class destructors) will not be run, since the compiler implicitly places this code at the end the function body? So return ...
- Sat May 25, 2013 5:32 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: C++ local stack allocated instance destructor
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5787
C++ local stack allocated instance destructor
If I allocate an instance of a C++ class type on the stack inside of a thread function, it seems like the destructor for this instance will not be executed if the thread function calls chThdExit() instead of actually returning. The compiler won't know that the no instructions will be executed after ...
- Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:25 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Terminating a thread that is using f_write() from FatFS
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2526
Terminating a thread that is using f_write() from FatFS
I have a thread that is running a loop at 200Hz and in that loop it periodically calls f_write(). This is the only thread to use any of the FatFs calls, and this thread has the highest priority. While the thread is running, the system is responsive (the shell works). When I invoke a shell command to ...
- Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: SDC default clock speed for STM32F4
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3853
SDC default clock speed for STM32F4
I have a Olimex STM32-H407 dev board which has an STM32F407 chip on it. I'm using the SD card and FatFS to write data to the card. I have been search the source tree but am unable to find out what the SDIO clock speed (SDIO_CK in RM0090) is set to by default. My reading of the documentation is that ...
- Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:31 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: shell halting when code size gets too big
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9719
Re: shell halting when code size gets too big
Giovanni,
I doubled my stack size from 2048 to 4096 to 8192, finally to 32768 (riduculous, I know), and this did not fix it. It isn't obvious to me why the stack size would be an issue if the unhandled exception is occuring even with calls to simple things like help or a do nothing command that ...
I doubled my stack size from 2048 to 4096 to 8192, finally to 32768 (riduculous, I know), and this did not fix it. It isn't obvious to me why the stack size would be an issue if the unhandled exception is occuring even with calls to simple things like help or a do nothing command that ...
- Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: shell halting when code size gets too big
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9719
shell halting when code size gets too big
I am working from one of the demos, modified to add some extra shell commands. One of my shell commands results in a relatively large bit of code (~25kb) getting added to my project. Most of this is from static data associated with a lookup table, all of it statically allocated. Anyway, when I have ...
- Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: crt0.c & CORTEX_USE_FPU
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5506
Re: crt0.c & CORTEX_USE_FPU
This fixes the compilation issue. I will test on Monday to make sure it runs fine on my hardware.
Thanks for the fast fix!
Luke
Thanks for the fast fix!
Luke
- Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: crt0.c & CORTEX_USE_FPU
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5506
Re: crt0.c & CORTEX_USE_FPU
Great, I look forward to testing it out.
Luke
Luke
- Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: crt0.c & CORTEX_USE_FPU
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5506
Re: crt0.c & CORTEX_USE_FPU
A simpler way to recreate this bug is to do:
in any of the ARMCM4 demos.
Luke
Code: Select all
make USE_FPU=yes
in any of the ARMCM4 demos.
Luke