Search found 25 matches
- Sat Apr 11, 2026 5:27 pm
- Forum: RP2040-RP2350 Support
- Topic: It's probably my fault...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 665
Re: It's probably my fault...
@xyzzy I applied a modified version of your change today. The mask is used only for an osalDebug so for non-debug builds no overhead. I might just remove it completely though as I tend to agree with your point that we should just always trust the engineer knows what they are doing. PTAL and let me ...
- Fri Apr 10, 2026 12:03 pm
- Forum: RP2040-RP2350 Support
- Topic: RP2040 + RP2350 HAL: support for PIO units
- Replies: 10
- Views: 758
Re: RP2040 + RP2350 HAL: support for PIO units
So far I've avoided adding flashing in any of the Makefiles as I think its too opinionated and should be left outside of ChibiOS. Putting it in ChibiOS means getting opinionated about things like BOOTSEL + PicoBoot, BOOTSEL + UF2 copy, debug probe, production flash programming, etc.
(Their is a ...
(Their is a ...
- Thu Apr 09, 2026 1:26 pm
- Forum: RP2040-RP2350 Support
- Topic: It's probably my fault...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 665
Re: It's probably my fault...
I will take a look tomorrow, goal for this weekend is to make a refactor of both PAL and PIO LLDs.
- E
- E
- Thu Apr 09, 2026 1:25 pm
- Forum: RP2040-RP2350 Support
- Topic: RP2040 + RP2350 HAL: support for PIO units
- Replies: 10
- Views: 758
Re: RP2040 + RP2350 HAL: support for PIO units
I will take a look tomorrow after I finish cleaning up the PAL LLD.
- E
- E
- Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:58 am
- Forum: RP2040-RP2350 Support
- Topic: RP2040 + RP2350 HAL: support for PIO units
- Replies: 10
- Views: 758
Re: RP2040 + RP2350 HAL: support for PIO units
Yes, the PIO LLD is missing a few functions, a patch would be great. If not I will make a pass at is likely later this week.
The existing implementation was primarily motivated as a POC for the CMSIS-DAP example. But that also means most of the support is currently catered to output.
The existing implementation was primarily motivated as a POC for the CMSIS-DAP example. But that also means most of the support is currently catered to output.
- Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:33 am
- Forum: RP2040-RP2350 Support
- Topic: It's probably my fault...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 665
It's probably my fault...
So the new RP2350 and updated RP2040 ports are taking shape and you've started to use it for your project. Suddenly you find an inconsistency or something that simply doesn't work. Well, it's probably my fault. The work has been a pretty significant set of changes and there are likely some latent ...
- Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:26 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
- Replies: 10
- Views: 586
Re: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
Thx, was offsite working occasionally and didn't see your changes. All looks good, thank you!
- Thu Mar 19, 2026 4:04 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
- Replies: 10
- Views: 586
Re: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
os/common/ports/ARMv8-M-ML-ALT/chcore.h
Ok, I think the safest fix is to keep the existing defaulting of CH_DBG_ENABLE_STACK_CHECK to true on RP2350. I do worry that a user will see DBG and may think they can disable it which wont work on the RP2350. Maybe we could allow PORT_SAVE_PSPLIM to be set ...
Ok, I think the safest fix is to keep the existing defaulting of CH_DBG_ENABLE_STACK_CHECK to true on RP2350. I do worry that a user will see DBG and may think they can disable it which wont work on the RP2350. Maybe we could allow PORT_SAVE_PSPLIM to be set ...
- Wed Mar 18, 2026 9:36 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
- Replies: 10
- Views: 586
Re: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
I should say even with this issue I think my approach to handling PSPLIM might be better as it never disables PSPLIM if CH_DBG_ENABLE_STACK_CHECK is true and should work happily if PSPLIM is set in CRT0.
- Wed Mar 18, 2026 9:34 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
- Replies: 10
- Views: 586
Re: ARMv8-M-ML CRT0 Defects
Ok, let me think about this for a bit. Basically the current approach is broken on non-unified memory architectures like the PR2350 but works well for unified ones. The current 'fix' for RP2350 is forcing CH_DBG_ENABLE_STACK_CHECK always on, which forces PORT_SAVE_PSPLIM to true. It works but then ...