Hello Giovanni.
Many thanks for creating the Sub-Project!
I don't have the hardware at hand to really run the project proposal, but will try to get it compiled for a start.
Regards, Wolf
Search found 42 matches
- Mon Mar 23, 2026 7:20 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/SB
- Topic: Add ChibiOS/SB in ChibiOS Sub-Projects
- Replies: 2
- Views: 512
- Mon Mar 23, 2026 9:21 am
- Forum: ChibiOS/SB
- Topic: Add ChibiOS/SB in ChibiOS Sub-Projects
- Replies: 2
- Views: 512
Add ChibiOS/SB in ChibiOS Sub-Projects
Hello Giovanni.
What do you think of the idea adding a ChibiOS/SB discussion in Sub-Projects?
I have been tinkering a bit with the SB demo code and got it working - kind of.
This task is defintely more advanced than just adopting an RT demo to ones needs, as it includes handling several projects ...
What do you think of the idea adding a ChibiOS/SB discussion in Sub-Projects?
I have been tinkering a bit with the SB demo code and got it working - kind of.
This task is defintely more advanced than just adopting an RT demo to ones needs, as it includes handling several projects ...
- Sun Mar 22, 2026 1:24 pm
- Forum: ChibiStudio
- Topic: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
- Replies: 9
- Views: 665
Re: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
Hi all!
I just updated the ChibiOs extensions via the eclipse update feature.
A quick test with the initial setting of 128 entries in the trace buffer worked flawless.
Great job and great news getting a useful feature up and running, quite a bit faster too!
I'll do some more in depth testing ...
I just updated the ChibiOs extensions via the eclipse update feature.
A quick test with the initial setting of 128 entries in the trace buffer worked flawless.
Great job and great news getting a useful feature up and running, quite a bit faster too!
I'll do some more in depth testing ...
- Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:30 am
- Forum: ChibiStudio
- Topic: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
- Replies: 9
- Views: 665
Re: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
Hello Giovanni.
The trace buffer is sized 128 (default):
#define CH_DBG_TRACE_BUFFER_SIZE 128 in chconf.h
The address its trying to fetch is located in the ch0.trace_buffer.buffer starting at 0x20000a28 (ch0+144).
For example it tires to fetch from 536875240d = 0x200010E8, which is offset by ...
The trace buffer is sized 128 (default):
#define CH_DBG_TRACE_BUFFER_SIZE 128 in chconf.h
The address its trying to fetch is located in the ch0.trace_buffer.buffer starting at 0x20000a28 (ch0+144).
For example it tires to fetch from 536875240d = 0x200010E8, which is offset by ...
- Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:01 pm
- Forum: ChibiStudio
- Topic: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
- Replies: 9
- Views: 665
Re: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
Hello Giovanni!
I dug a bit further into this and made a strange observation:
I enabled #define CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK_READY in chconf.h.
Then i put a breakpoint at the end of void __trace_ready(thread_t *tp, msg_t msg) { in chtrace.c.
I got a valid output in the TraceBuffer view ...
I dug a bit further into this and made a strange observation:
I enabled #define CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK_READY in chconf.h.
Then i put a breakpoint at the end of void __trace_ready(thread_t *tp, msg_t msg) { in chtrace.c.
I got a valid output in the TraceBuffer view ...
- Thu Mar 19, 2026 3:14 pm
- Forum: ChibiStudio
- Topic: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
- Replies: 9
- Views: 665
Re: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
Hello Giovanni,
it is the RT version included in the freshly downloaded: ChibiStudio_Linux_2023-02.7z (881.6MB) as of today.
In there i used:
chibios_stable-21.11.x
chibios_stable-21.11.x/os/rt/include/ch.h says:
#define CH_KERNEL_VERSION "7.0.4"
BTW: I set this in chconf.h too:
#define CH ...
it is the RT version included in the freshly downloaded: ChibiStudio_Linux_2023-02.7z (881.6MB) as of today.
In there i used:
chibios_stable-21.11.x
chibios_stable-21.11.x/os/rt/include/ch.h says:
#define CH_KERNEL_VERSION "7.0.4"
BTW: I set this in chconf.h too:
#define CH ...
- Thu Mar 19, 2026 2:35 pm
- Forum: ChibiStudio
- Topic: ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
- Replies: 9
- Views: 665
ChibiOS/RT 7.x.x Debug View error message in TraceBuffer tab
Linux Mint 22.3 - Cinnamon 64-bit
ChibiStudio_Linux_2023_02.7z actual version as of 2026-03-19 freshly downloaded and installed
Demo: RT-STM32F303-DISCOVERY running on a genuine ST board
chconf.h settings: ALL debug switches set TRUE
Everything else unchanged
Hi all,
when i run and debug the ...
ChibiStudio_Linux_2023_02.7z actual version as of 2026-03-19 freshly downloaded and installed
Demo: RT-STM32F303-DISCOVERY running on a genuine ST board
chconf.h settings: ALL debug switches set TRUE
Everything else unchanged
Hi all,
when i run and debug the ...
- Sun Feb 22, 2026 12:41 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Small correction in hal_xsnor_base.c
- Replies: 1
- Views: 9076
Small correction in hal_xsnor_base.c
chibios-code-r17707-trunk
Hi all,
compiling hal_xsnor_base.c gives below warning:
Compiling hal_xsnor_base.c
../../chibios_trunk/os/hal/lib/complex/xsnor/src/hal_xsnor_base.c: In function 'xsnorStart':
../../chibios_trunk/os/hal/lib/complex/xsnor/src/hal_xsnor_base.c:909:10: warning: 'err' may ...
Hi all,
compiling hal_xsnor_base.c gives below warning:
Compiling hal_xsnor_base.c
../../chibios_trunk/os/hal/lib/complex/xsnor/src/hal_xsnor_base.c: In function 'xsnorStart':
../../chibios_trunk/os/hal/lib/complex/xsnor/src/hal_xsnor_base.c:909:10: warning: 'err' may ...
- Sun Feb 15, 2026 5:35 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: XSHELL - hook function upon character reception
- Replies: 1
- Views: 8055
XSHELL - hook function upon character reception
chibios-code-r17691-trunk
Hi all,
wouldn't it be useful to have a hook function upon actual character reception on the sequential stream?
Why? To give a visual feedback by flashing an LED for example.
The associated code must be very short for obvious reasons.
I'm aware, that you can register ...
Hi all,
wouldn't it be useful to have a hook function upon actual character reception on the sequential stream?
Why? To give a visual feedback by flashing an LED for example.
The associated code must be very short for obvious reasons.
I'm aware, that you can register ...
- Sun Feb 15, 2026 5:26 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Small correction in xshell.c
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5253
Small correction in xshell.c
chibios-code-r17691-trunk
Hi all,
not wanting to be pedantic but to improve the product:
When giving an argument with the help command (silly thing to do), xshell prints aout Usage: help help .
Line 225 shoule be
xshellUsage(xshp, "");
instead of
xshellUsage(xshp, "help");
Regards Wolf
Hi all,
not wanting to be pedantic but to improve the product:
When giving an argument with the help command (silly thing to do), xshell prints aout Usage: help help .
Line 225 shoule be
xshellUsage(xshp, "");
instead of
xshellUsage(xshp, "help");
Regards Wolf