Search found 58 matches
- Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:54 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: STM32F437 can't start ChibiOS after enabling/disabling RDP
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2704
Re: STM32F437 can't start ChibiOS after enabling/disabling R
Many apologies - we've now repeated all stages of the process on another PC, and this time the board boots fine. I think we may have had an issue with utility settings and/or Windows drivers, and ended up with incorrect flash contents. The odd thing is that verification worked fine, and the contents ...
- Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: STM32F437 can't start ChibiOS after enabling/disabling RDP
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2704
STM32F437 can't start ChibiOS after enabling/disabling RDP
We’ve run into an odd issue with flash read-out protection (the RDP bits in OPTCR), on an STM32F437, ChibiOS 2.7. We have firmware that runs fine on a board with an MCU on with default settings (as supplied by ST), however if we enable RDP protection level 1 and then return to level 0 (erasing the ...
- Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Demo for STM32F401C Discovery board
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5310
[DONE] Demo for STM32F401C Discovery board
Hi All,
I've ported a simple demo to the F401C disco board, based on the 407 demos. This just blinks the 4 LEDs and sets up a USB serial shell. You will need to change the CHIBIOS path in the Makefile to wherever you have ChibiOS trunk.
The board.h changes needed were to change the MCU define to ...
I've ported a simple demo to the F401C disco board, based on the 407 demos. This just blinks the 4 LEDs and sets up a USB serial shell. You will need to change the CHIBIOS path in the Makefile to wherever you have ChibiOS trunk.
The board.h changes needed were to change the MCU define to ...
- Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
- Replies: 134
- Views: 105908
Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
In case anyone is interested, I had a chance to test the DCMI with concurrent SPI5 transfers - this should produce concurrent DMA on controller 2, and on the 40X would have triggered an errata and locked the MCU. On the 427 it seems fine, which is nice!
While testing this I noticed that in ...
While testing this I noticed that in ...
- Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:30 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: stm32f4xx.h FLASH_ definitions
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2886
stm32f4xx.h FLASH_ definitions
Hi,
I'm just looking at porting some flash writing code from using the ST peripheral library to using stm32f4xx.h in ChibiOS. I noticed that the stm32f4xx.h seems to be missing FLASH_KEY1 and FLASH_KEY2 defines, although stm32f30x.h has them.
FLASH_CR_SNB_4 is currently defined as the same as ...
I'm just looking at porting some flash writing code from using the ST peripheral library to using stm32f4xx.h in ChibiOS. I noticed that the stm32f4xx.h seems to be missing FLASH_KEY1 and FLASH_KEY2 defines, although stm32f30x.h has them.
FLASH_CR_SNB_4 is currently defined as the same as ...
- Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
- Replies: 134
- Views: 105908
Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
You're right, I was omitting the CCM since that has a clear difference with the DMA, but I wasn't clear on the significance of the non-CCM SRAM regions. On the 407 I used a custom linker script to use the ethram specifically for some large DMA buffers, so I was sure nothing would run across a ...
- Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
- Replies: 134
- Views: 105908
Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
Hi,
I'm just trying out a 427 on my own board, the port is looking great so far, there are quite a lot of peripherals used on there so it should be good testing. I'm also looking forward to finding out whether the DCMI DMA errata is really fixed, which I should be able to do soon
I did notice ...
I'm just trying out a 427 on my own board, the port is looking great so far, there are quite a lot of peripherals used on there so it should be good testing. I'm also looking forward to finding out whether the DCMI DMA errata is really fixed, which I should be able to do soon
I did notice ...
- Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:57 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40639
Re: [TODO] Serial port losing data when several threads are
Ah, that's a pain, I guess compiler bugs are always the hardest ones to find, great to have a workaround.
I just tried to test the modification, but I'm having trouble getting the fault to occur again even with the original code and compiler, I must have changed something... I noticed the fix is in ...
I just tried to test the modification, but I'm having trouble getting the fault to occur again even with the original code and compiler, I must have changed something... I noticed the fix is in ...
- Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:42 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40639
Re: [TODO] Serial port losing data when several threads are
I ran into another slight issue with the USART the other day, it also seems to be to do with odd behaviour of the USART peripheral registers so I guess there's a small chance it might be related?
When using the USART driver for 1-wire, it's necessary to reconfigure the port using uartStop and ...
When using the USART driver for 1-wire, it's necessary to reconfigure the port using uartStop and ...
- Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:42 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40639
Re: [TODO] Serial port losing data when several threads are
Hi Giovanni,
I recompiled my original failing project with just the CH_DBG_SYSTEM_STATE_CHECK disabled, and this fixes things for me (I also double checked that with this enabled, I still get failures). Please let me know if there's anything else I can check.
Ben.
I recompiled my original failing project with just the CH_DBG_SYSTEM_STATE_CHECK disabled, and this fixes things for me (I also double checked that with this enabled, I still get failures). Please let me know if there's anything else I can check.
Ben.