Search found 12 matches

by billr
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:22 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?
Replies: 7
Views: 33117

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

HorrorTroll, have you made any further progress with the Black Pill? Are you using the F401 or F411 version? I'm thinking of using the F411 version for a new project and I used ChibiOS years ago and would like to use it again.
by billr
Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.
Replies: 28
Views: 20217

Re: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.

Got it - thanks!
by billr
Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:03 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.
Replies: 28
Views: 20217

Re: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.


You can't call normal functions from a callback, only I-class and even those must be within chSysLockFromIsr() and chSysUnlockFromIsr(). I recommend to keep the state checker enabled during development because it is able to catch such problems.

There is no need to stop or restart anything, the ...
by billr
Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:37 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.
Replies: 28
Views: 20217

Re: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.



static void icuperiodcb3(ICUDriver *icup)
{
float hf = (float)icup->config->frequency / icuGetPeriod(icup);

icuDisableI (icup);
hfreq1 = hf;
icuStart(&ICUD3, &icucfg2b);
icuEnable(&ICUD3);
icuEnableI (icup);
}



I can't edit the original post, so I'll followup here. Two things about ...
by billr
Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:40 am
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.
Replies: 28
Views: 20217

Re: STMF4 get frequency of a signal on a input pin.

Your choice of a 10 kHz clock is way way too slow to measure a 7000 kHz input signal (if that's what you really meant). The ICU works by using the input signal to gate a timer/counter that is driven by a fixed sample clock. By counting how many sample clocks there are in the width (or period) of the ...
by billr
Thu May 16, 2013 2:11 am
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: High-Resolution Timer proposal
Replies: 24
Views: 20852

Re: High-Resolution Timer proposal

Thanks, I'll check out those functions. There's so much capability in ChibiOS, it's hard to know it all.
by billr
Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 pm
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: High-Resolution Timer proposal
Replies: 24
Views: 20852

Re: High-Resolution Timer proposal

I need a delay with 10 us resolution and came across this post. Has any further work been done on a high resolution timer?
by billr
Mon May 06, 2013 5:38 pm
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: Chibios 2.5.1 and gdb O0
Replies: 10
Views: 10035

Re: Chibios 2.5.1 and gdb O0

Version 0.7.0 of openOCD was just released on 5 May. According the NEWS file, it includes the ChibiOS support.
by billr
Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:31 am
Forum: Development and Feedback
Topic: STM32 USB Host?
Replies: 17
Views: 19228

Re: STM32 USB Host?

Thanks for the pointers. The libraries appear to be available only in binary form, compiled with the mikroC compiler. I don't know what the likelihood of being able to link them with gcc is. If source were available, it'd be a lot easier.
by billr
Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 am
Forum: STM32 Support
Topic: Olimex STM32-H407
Replies: 1
Views: 2842

Olimex STM32-H407

For those using this board, I'm attaching working board and demo files. It is based on the ARMCM4-STM32F407-LWIP-FATFS-USB demo, but without the LWIP part (since the H407 does not have Ethernet) and uses the HS USB as the OTG device. Feel free to include this in the ChibiOS distro - or not.