Search found 7 matches
- Fri May 23, 2014 8:05 pm
- Forum: User Projects
- Topic: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14628
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
I have developed an OSHW product using ChibiOS and CC3000: BrewBit Model-T . I started with TI's stock driver, and eventually rewrote large portions of it to better suit ChibiOS and fix a ton of bugs. It is fairly stable now, but the performance of the CC3000 itself leaves something to be desired in ...
- Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40693
Re: Serial port losing data when several threads are active
Yes, the onewire spec requires a 4.7k pullup. I am using a 5k since thats what I had lying around.
- Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40693
Re: Serial port losing data when several threads are active
I currently have the serial queue sizes set to 64 bytes, and it should be impossible for any more than 1 byte to be queued up at any time since all of my reads/writes look like:
read_bit_from_slave()
// write the start bit, the slave will fill in the data
sdPut(SD1, 0xFF);
// read the start bit ...
read_bit_from_slave()
// write the start bit, the slave will fill in the data
sdPut(SD1, 0xFF);
// read the start bit ...
- Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40693
Re: Serial port losing data when several threads are active
Yes, I have enabled all debugging options without issue.
I have gotten it working fairly well by increasing the priority, ensuring that other threads yield quickly, and minimizing my serial reads/writes by sleeping while waiting for commands to be processed by the slave instead of polling for ...
I have gotten it working fairly well by increasing the priority, ensuring that other threads yield quickly, and minimizing my serial reads/writes by sleeping while waiting for commands to be processed by the slave instead of polling for ...
- Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:37 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40693
Re: Serial port losing data when several threads are active
I am checking the flags after the 1-wire transmission phase is complete. It looks like I am getting SD_NOISE_ERRORs very rarely, but even when those happen, I am able to receive all data. When the data loss occurs, the flags read exactly the same as when it succeeds: IO_INPUT_AVAILABLE | IO_OUTPUT ...
- Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40693
Re: Serial port losing data when several threads are active
I tried making the thread the highest priority and it maybe helped a tiny bit, but there is still lots of data loss. I will try hooking up event handlers to the UART events and see what I get.
- Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:38 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: [DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
- Replies: 52
- Views: 40693
[DONE] Serial port losing data when several threads are acti
I have a custom board that uses an STM32F205. I am using USART1 in half duplex mode to implement a 1-wire bus master. If you are not familiar with the protocol, here is a quick description: The bus is composed of an open drain line on the master connected to open drain lines on the slaves with a ...