Updating Project from older ChibiStudio version

Discussions and support about ChibiStudio, the free development environment for ARM.
JSStabl

Updating Project from older ChibiStudio version

Postby JSStabl » Thu May 14, 2020 2:35 pm

I tried to move my project from Chibi Studio Preview 21 to the newest version and am encountering some issues.

When I use my existing .launch file in /debug I get the error:

Code: Select all

Error in final launch sequence:

Reset command not defined for device 'Generic TCP/IP'
Reset command not defined for device 'Generic TCP/IP'

When I rename that file and try to generate one with the "Create OpenOCD Debug Configuration" I got an error regarding the project file name once and now nothing is happening. I also don't have a Debug Configuration I can launch.

I'm running Windows 10.

Any ideas? :)

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Updating Project from older ChibiStudio version

Postby Giovanni » Thu May 14, 2020 2:37 pm

You need to edit your launch configuration and select "OpenOCD TCP/IP" instead of "Generic TCP/IP", it is a change the in new Eclipse.

Giovanni

JSStabl

Postby JSStabl » Thu May 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Hmm, i got the launch file generator working (by clicking it repeatedly). Now I get a different error:

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
symbol-file C:/ChibiStudio/workspace_user/SW_Master_v2/debug

Error message from debugger back end:
C:/ChibiStudio/workspace_user/SW_Master_v2/debug: No such file or directory.
Failed to execute MI command:
symbol-file C:/ChibiStudio/workspace_user/SW_Master_v2/debug

Error message from debugger back end:

It seems its looking for some files in the wrong location. Here is the generated file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.launchConfigurationType">
<intAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.delay" value="3"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.doHalt" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.doReset" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.imageFileName" value="C:/ChibiStudio/workspace_user/SW_Master_v2/debug"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.imageOffset" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.initCommands" value="set remotetimeout 20&#13;&#10;monitor reset init&#13;&#10;monitor sleep 50&#13;&#10;"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.ipAddress" value="localhost"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.jtagDeviceId" value="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.jtagdevice.OpenOCDSocket"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.loadImage" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.loadSymbols" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.pcRegister" value=""/>
<intAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.portNumber" value="3333"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.runCommands" value=""/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.setPcRegister" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.setResume" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.setStopAt" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.stopAt" value="main"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.symbolsFileName" value="C:/ChibiStudio/workspace_user/SW_Master_v2/debug"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.symbolsOffset" value=""/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.useFileForImage" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.useFileForSymbols" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.useProjBinaryForImage" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.useProjBinaryForSymbols" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.useRemoteTarget" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.DEBUG_NAME" value="arm-none-eabi-gdb"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.REMOTE_TIMEOUT_ENABLED" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.REMOTE_TIMEOUT_VALUE" value=""/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.UPDATE_THREADLIST_ON_SUSPEND" value="false"/>
<intAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.ATTR_BUILD_BEFORE_LAUNCH_ATTR" value="2"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.COREFILE_PATH" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_START_MODE" value="remote"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROGRAM_NAME" value="C:/ChibiStudio/workspace_user/SW_Master_v2/debug"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_ATTR" value="SW_Master_v2"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_BUILD_CONFIG_AUTO_ATTR" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_BUILD_CONFIG_ID_ATTR" value=""/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.ui.favoriteGroups">
<listEntry value="org.eclipse.debug.ui.launchGroup.debug"/>
</listAttribute>
<stringAttribute key="process_factory_id" value="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.GdbProcessFactory"/>
</launchConfiguration>

When i delete the launch files and rerun the generate config script I get:

Variable references empty selection: ${project_loc}

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Thu May 14, 2020 3:21 pm

You need to select the elf file in the project explorer then launch the tool.

Giovanni

JSStabl

Postby JSStabl » Fri May 15, 2020 8:54 am

Right. RTFM...

Still didnt get it work but updated my old launch file so thats fine :)

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Fri May 15, 2020 9:04 am

JSStabl wrote:When i delete the launch files and rerun the generate config script I get:

Variable references empty selection: ${project_loc}

Are you doing this with the project opened? the generator requires both the project name/path and the .elf path, ${project_loc} is the project path, it says it is empty.

Rocco wrote a small guide here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2119&start=10#p37668

Giovanni

JSStabl

Postby JSStabl » Fri May 15, 2020 10:21 am

Yeah when I selected the elf file and the project open it ran but produced no result. That might be due to me already having a launch file in the debug folder.

RoccoMarco

Postby RoccoMarco » Fri May 15, 2020 2:43 pm

The tool will not rewrite the old file. Please delete the wrongly generated files before generating new ones.
Ciao,
RM

Return to “ChibiStudio”