STM32 programming chibistudio error

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, barthess

ConnorBrisebois

STM32 programming chibistudio error

Postby ConnorBrisebois » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:49 pm

Hello,

I am very new to chibi and relatively new to stm32 programming in general. I have been trying to run a simple demo on my stm32f4 discovery board and have come across the following error message when I try to debug.

/***********************************************************************************************/
Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:3333: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:3333: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
/***********************************************************************************************/

Quite frankly I have no idea what this error could be. I have confirmed that my firewall is not blocking port 3333 in anyway and I have ensured that the st-link firmware on my board is up to date. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Connor

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: STM32 programming chibistudio error

Postby Giovanni » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi,

Are you launching OpenOCD before starting the debug? In ChibiStudio you need to launch "OpenOCD no interface (prompts for .cfg board configuration)" from the tools menu then select /tools/scripts/boards/<yourboard>, there are video guides about this on http://www.playembedded.org.

Giovanni

ConnorBrisebois

Re: STM32 programming chibistudio error

Postby ConnorBrisebois » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:55 pm

Hello Giovanni,

Thank you for he quick reply. That was my problem, I was actually following Rocco's article I must have missed that step.

Thank you!

Return to “STM32 Support”