ADC support for Olimex SAM7EX256 board

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Atmel AT91SAM7x family of micro-controllers.
Losi

ADC support for Olimex SAM7EX256 board

Postby Losi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 am

Hi there,

I'm quite new with ChibiOS, but I found it great. The board that I'm using is an Olimex SAM7EX256 and as the Feature Matrix shows it is not fully supported yet... however I realized that some new HAL extension was commited a several days ago to the devel project:

https://github.com/ChibiOS-Upstream/ChibiOS-RT/tree/master/os/hal/platforms/AT91SAM7

My question is that is this already usable? Because it seems to be complete except the sampling rate and ADC input channel macros. Unfortunately I was not able to fit the STM32Fx demo projects to the SAM7EX256 board. Could anybody show me a sample how to configure the ADC HAL in order to get e.g. Temperature and/or TRIM potentiometer values?

inmarket

Re: ADC support for Olimex SAM7EX256 board

Postby inmarket » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 am

Yes it is complete however it is possible that a header file or board file modification has been missed in the upload. What symbols are you missing and I will verify they are where they should be?

An example of the ADC being used on the Olimex SAM7EX256 board can be found in the ChibiOS-GFX examples (an addon library for LCD and other sub-systems) under demos/modules/gadc.
It demonstrates the dial, temperature sensor and the microphone ADC inputs being used all at once and the result displayed on the LCD on this board.

Much of the development in the GFX addon library (chibios-gfx.org) is occuring on this excellant and very inexpensive board.

Losi

Re: ADC support for Olimex SAM7EX256 board

Postby Losi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 am

Thanks! This project contains some new information for me about AT91SAM7 and ADC. Now I'm a bit busy, but I'll describe how it is going.

Return to “AT91SAM7x Support”