Porting ChibiOS/RT on others MCU

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/RT, the free embedded RTOS.
AJT

Porting ChibiOS/RT on others MCU

Postby AJT » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi,

I've just discovered chibiOS and it looks like this is the perfect solution for my project.
I have to develop an application that permits to send commands via a command prompt to a microcontroller to test GPIO / ADC / PWM etc.
So, there is already a project implemented for STM32F401RE and its works perfectly (i tried to send commands "write" and I imagine that implementing others commands is not that difficult)
But the fact is that I have to test different kind of microcontroller (STM32 / STM8 / NXP family / Renesas / TI) and i'm wondering if porting chibiOS shell to other uC is accessible because the code is really generic and consequent.

There is a short tutorial but it was written in 2011 ( http://wiki.chibios.org/dokuwiki/doku.p ... port_guide ) and i don't know if it is still up to date... and if there is a new one ?
Maybe chibiOS is too consequent for my project and i should develop my own application from scratch.

Can someone clarify this ?

Regards,

AJT

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Porting ChibiOS/RT on others MCU

Postby Giovanni » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Hi,

We used to have ports for STM8 and some LPC devices (and many others) up to version 2.6.x, those were dropped because lack of interest, resurrecting those would be possible.

The OS can be ported on any platform but there are no resources to do so, we are focused on few, very popular, ones.

Giovanni

AJT

Re: Porting ChibiOS/RT on others MCU

Postby AJT » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:42 pm

okay thanks for your fast answer !

Return to “ChibiOS/RT”