Another interesting Discovery kit from ST

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Jacon

Re: Another interesting Discovery kit from ST

Postby Jacon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Giovanni,

In my opinion, first 3 lines of actual platform.mk should all point to /os/hal/platforms/STM32F4xx,
instead of /STM32L1xx, /STM32F4xx and /STM32, respectively ?!

Another (small) bugs:
- #define STM32_SERIAL_USE_USART6 FALSE doubled in mcuconf.h
- "thead" in 159'th line of trunk's "readme.txt" file.

Jacek

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks, fixed.

Giovanni

Jacon

Postby Jacon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Hello Giovanni,

Another small notes from The Proof-reader :mrgreen: :

- line 22 of mcuconf.h - latest appearance od "STM32L1xx" in F4 version code,

- line 23 in both GPIO2/pal_lld.x files should have its first part looking
like this now:
* @brief STM32L1xx/STM32F2xx/STM32F4xx ...

Jacek

Badger

Postby Badger » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Finally had some time to build my STM32F405 based board. Haven't managed to get it to program using OpenOCD, but I eventually got the DFU USB interface working. The board has a 25Mhz crystal, and I've adjusted STM32_PLLM_VALUE to 25 and STM32_HSECLK to 25Mhz, but it flashes slowly. Is there anything else which controls the tick rate of chibios?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 am

Jacon wrote:Hello Giovanni,

Another small notes from The Proof-reader :mrgreen: :

- line 22 of mcuconf.h - latest appearance od "STM32L1xx" in F4 version code,

- line 23 in both GPIO2/pal_lld.x files should have its first part looking
like this now:
* @brief STM32L1xx/STM32F2xx/STM32F4xx ...

Jacek

Thanks Jacek, fixed.

Giovanni

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 am

Badger wrote:Finally had some time to build my STM32F405 based board. Haven't managed to get it to program using OpenOCD, but I eventually got the DFU USB interface working. The board has a 25Mhz crystal, and I've adjusted STM32_PLLM_VALUE to 25 and STM32_HSECLK to 25Mhz, but it flashes slowly. Is there anything else which controls the tick rate of chibios?

The tick rate is controlled by CH_FREQUENCY in chconf.h but he flash speed is not related to the ChibiOS tick rate IMO.

Do you have one of the STM32 Discovery kits? you could use it as ST-Link and flash your board with it, it would probably be faster. Once setup into Eclipse I find it more convenient to use than OpenOCD, it requires no configurations for example. Of course it is limited to STM32.

BTW, better open new topics for this kind of posts, this one is about the STM32F4-Discovery kit, we don't have to economize space on the forum :).

Giovanni

Badger

Postby Badger » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 am

Giovanni wrote:
Badger wrote:Finally had some time to build my STM32F405 based board. Haven't managed to get it to program using OpenOCD, but I eventually got the DFU USB interface working. The board has a 25Mhz crystal, and I've adjusted STM32_PLLM_VALUE to 25 and STM32_HSECLK to 25Mhz, but it flashes slowly. Is there anything else which controls the tick rate of chibios?

The tick rate is controlled by CH_FREQUENCY in chconf.h but he flash speed is not related to the ChibiOS tick rate IMO.

Do you have one of the STM32 Discovery kits? you could use it as ST-Link and flash your board with it, it would probably be faster. Once setup into Eclipse I find it more convenient to use than OpenOCD, it requires no configurations for example. Of course it is limited to STM32.

BTW, better open new topics for this kind of posts, this one is about the STM32F4-Discovery kit, we don't have to economize space on the forum :).

Giovanni

Good idea on using the ST-Link, I'll try that. I had thought that this was a general STM32F4 topic but now that you mention it it doesn't seem the correct place!

Return to “Development and Feedback”