NVICSetSystemHandlerPriority doesn't work correctly on m0 platform Topic is solved

Report here problems in any of ChibiOS components. This forum is NOT for support.
lokher

NVICSetSystemHandlerPriority doesn't work correctly on m0 platform

Postby lokher » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:51 am

Hi

I am working porting chibios to a new chipset with M0 core, and when I tried to change systick priority, it didn't work. Fortunately, I use Keil and replaced "nvicSetSystemHandlerPriority(HANDLER_SYSTICK, SN32_ST_IRQ_PRIORITY)" with CMSIS API "NVIC_SetPriority(-1, SN32_ST_IRQ_PRIORITY)", then it worked.

I traced the registers value with follow code snippet:

LOG_TRACE("SCB->SHP: %08x, %08x\r\n", SCB->SHP[0], SCB->SHP[1]);

I found that "nvicSetSystemHandlerPriority" set SHP[0] register and "NVIC_SetPriority" set SHP[1].

According to m0 document, the SHP[0] should be SHPR2, and SHP[1] shoudl be SHPR3, it seem that "nvicSetSystemHandlerPriority" doesn't set the register corretly.

There is another post 2 years ago, should be same problem:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5268

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: NVICSetSystemHandlerPriority doesn't work correctly on m0 platform  Topic is solved

Postby Giovanni » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi,

Found the problem it was a missing check but the code was correct....

Before:

Code: Select all

#if defined(__CORE_CM0_H_GENERIC) || defined(__CORE_CM23_H_GENERIC)
  SCB->__SHPR[_SHP_IDX(handler)] = (SCB->__SHPR[_SHP_IDX(handler)] & ~(0xFFU << _BIT_SHIFT(handler))) |
                                   (NVIC_PRIORITY_MASK(prio) << _BIT_SHIFT(handler));

after:

Code: Select all

#if defined(__CORE_CM0_H_GENERIC) || defined(__CORE_CM0PLUS_H_GENERIC) ||   \
    defined(__CORE_CM23_H_GENERIC)
  SCB->__SHPR[_SHP_IDX(handler)] = (SCB->__SHPR[_SHP_IDX(handler)] & ~(0xFFU << _BIT_SHIFT(handler))) |
                                   (NVIC_PRIORITY_MASK(prio) << _BIT_SHIFT(handler));

It failed if the core was CM0+ but worked for CM0 and CM23.

Fixed as bug #1199.

Giovanni

Return to “Bug Reports”