A text editor for ChbiOs

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
robert_o

A text editor for ChbiOs

Postby robert_o » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:49 pm

Hello everybody. As a proof of concept i ported the kilo editor to ChibiOs. Kilo Editor.
I used the fatfs + lwip example und deleted all lwip stuff. I used ChibiOs trunk from Chibi Studio 20 on linux mint. I can now edit my config-files which are on the Sd-card without removing it.
since the editor is build as a series of articles it is extremely easy to implement new features (search, syntax highlightning,...) but i find it useful for editing small configfiles with less than 10ish lines.
I basically used the version from the end of chapter five.
Board is a black STM32F407VG ebay Board wich is similar to the olimex H407. In the project i also implemented the moates ostrch (an eprom emulator) protocol over usb-cdc because thats what this project is. An EPROM emulator which can upload multiple files from sdcard wihout computer.
Attachments
RT-STM32F407-ebay_blackF407-FATFS-1CDC_2UART_ostrich.tar.bz2
(42 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: A text editor for ChbiOs

Postby Giovanni » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Hi,

So you are running the editor IN ChibiOS? that is a first for sure :-)

Giovanni

robert_o

Re: A text editor for ChbiOs

Postby robert_o » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Yes i do. I wanted a possibility to alter the config with a smartphone, a bluetooth connection and a simple terminal program like "Bluetooth terminal" or Serial bluetooth terminal".

Return to “User Projects”