STM32f429 Demo - Suspend not possible

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: RoccoMarco

Post Reply
Anubirux
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 pm

STM32f429 Demo - Suspend not possible

Post by Anubirux »

Hello !

I have strange problem. I cant suspend program while debugging. I'm using demo from 2.6.x repository. Program is working fine, all test go through, breakpoints are working but when I press "suspend" it just stops and gdb crashes a while later. What is most interesting is when I use similar demo but from chibi 3.0 it has no problems ... Any ideas what could be wrong ?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32f429 Demo - Suspend not possible

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

I am not experiencing this, verify if you have differences in Eclipse debug configurations.

Giovanni
Anubirux
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: STM32f429 Demo - Suspend not possible

Post by Anubirux »

Guilty found, I'm using bleeding edge toolchain and looks like its gdb is somehow corrupted, however its first time when I see something like that. Maybe newer version wont have this problem (Now I see that I'm using a little outdated version). I'll check and post info ;)
Btw thx for interest. Like always faster then lightning ;P

Edit:
Nope, "gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_7-131005-win-x64" package still have the same problem.
Freddie Chopin
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 am

Re: STM32f429 Demo - Suspend not possible

Post by Freddie Chopin »

Try the most recent release - 131228. I think I've stumbled upon the same problem as you with the previous versions (from August, October and the one from 2 days ago), but in the new version the problem is solved - at least here (;

4\/3!!
Post Reply