Compilation errors in Keil

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/RT, the free embedded RTOS.
Post Reply
daemon
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Compilation errors in Keil

Post by daemon »

Hello!
I am using the latest development revision 7788 from trunk and I have some compilation errors in Keil:
assembling chcoreasm_v7m.s...
os\rt\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\chcoreasm_v7m.s(90): error: A1137E: Unexpected characters at end of line
compiling nvic.c...
assembling cstartup.s...
assembling vectors.s...
os\common\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\vectors.s(38): error: #35: #error directive: "the constant CORTEX_NUM_VECTORS must be between 8 and 240 inclusive"
os\common\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\vectors.s: #error "the constant CORTEX_NUM_VECTORS must be between 8 and 240 inclusive"
os\common\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\vectors.s: os\common\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\vectors.s: 0 warnings, 1 error
os\common\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\vectors.s: error: A1905U: Pre-processor step failed for 'os\common\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\vectors.s'


Device is STM32F103_MD. The same for others STM32F1xx, the same for some previous revisions.
Patch attached.
Attachments
rev_7788.patch.gz
Patch for revision 7788 with compilation errors workaround
(839 Bytes) Downloaded 477 times
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Compilation errors in Keil

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Thanks for fining, I applied the change in cmparam.h. Why the change in chcore_v7m.h? That "U" is required for MISRA compliance.

Giovanni
daemon
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Compilation errors in Keil

Post by daemon »

Hello Giovanni!
Giovanni wrote:Why the change in chcore_v7m.h? That "U" is required for MISRA compliance.


That's why:
os\rt\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT\chcoreasm_v7m.s(90): error: A1137E: Unexpected characters at end of line


assembler control string:
--cpu Cortex-M3 -g --apcs=interwork --pd "__MICROLIB SETA 1" -I.\conf -I.\os\rt\ports\ARMCMx\compilers\RVCT -I.\os\rt\ports\ARMCMx -I.\os\common\ports\ARMCMx\devices\STM32F1xx --cpreproc
-I F:\work\test\RTE
-I C:\Keil\ARM\PACK\Keil\STM32F1xx_DFP\1.1.0\Device\Include
-I C:\Keil\ARM\CMSIS\Include
--pd "__UVISION_VERSION SETA 514" --pd "STM32F10X_CL SETA 1" -o "*.o" --depend "*.d"
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Compilation errors in Keil

Post by Giovanni »

Now that's a problem....
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Compilation errors in Keil

Post by Giovanni »

Fixed by using a constant in the .s module and putting a comment there.

Giovanni
Post Reply