New web site

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
User avatar
RoccoMarco
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: New web site

Post by RoccoMarco »

@Giovanni. I have updated colors on temporary page.
Most likely bootstrap could be a good idea.

But I need to understand consequences using that framework: so quoting myself "I will download bootstrap this weekend".
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

OK, let me know about bootstrap.

About the colour, it is still too purple. Could you try a more pure blue?

Giovanni
User avatar
RoccoMarco
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: New web site

Post by RoccoMarco »

like this?

RM
User avatar
RoccoMarco
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: New web site

Post by RoccoMarco »

Hey there,
I have uploaded a new version of website with more responsive CSS. Google seems to be happy

Image

Image

but I'm not. My work still go ahead. Please reply with your feedback.

Ciao,
RM
User avatar
RoccoMarco
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: New web site

Post by RoccoMarco »

Hey there,
I have updated website changing url. New one is there:
http://chtest.playembedded.org/

I hope now it seems more professional. Give a look and please give us a feedback.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

It is more mobile-friendly apparently.

I would make more changes to fonts and colors, for example I cannot tell the difference between a link and bold text.

Anyway, I am continuing to add content.

Giovanni
steved
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: New web site

Post by steved »

Small spelling matter - it's "Synergy"
Not sure that's the right word; something like "supported packages", "integrated packages" perhaps?

Somewhere I'd like to see a single "Technical Index" page with links to API docs, articles and updates - a cross between the existing "What's New" and "Documentation" pages, targetted at those already using Chibi - so existing users have a single page to bookmark which gives instant access to everything they want to know. This would be different to the website front page, which is targetted more at potential users.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

Ops, fixing.

It is meant as external resources synergistic with ChibiOS.

Good idea with the technical index.

Giovanni
steved
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: New web site

Post by steved »

Giovanni wrote:It is meant as external resources synergistic with ChibiOS.

The packages listed are surely a bit more than "synergistic" with ChibiOS - the interfaces exist to make them extremely easy to integrate (and that can be very important!). And playembedded is essentially an independent support web site (if I understand its purpose correctly). Maybe two categories here?
devlware
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: New web site

Post by devlware »

I agree with Fabio, maybe the site should move to something modern. Also where is the green lizard? One last thing, does the site needs that big banner in the top?

Regards, Diego
Post Reply