The USB topic

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Xamusk
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: The USB topic

Post by Xamusk »

Indeed. I forgot to check if it was a C++0x extension. For that, I agree you really shouldn't use it in the demo, since C++0x is still incomplete in most (if not all) compilers.

Anyway, the code remains for those who want a more readable and simple way to write the descriptor strings. Should I repost the code to the Code Samples forum?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: The USB topic

Post by Giovanni »

Good idea.

Giovanni
jpa
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: The USB topic

Post by jpa »

Here's my checklist for getting USB to work on STM32L151:

1) The port mode must be PIN_MODE_INPUT
2) The port speed must be configured as 40MHz (highest)
3) The port pull-ups must be disabled
4) The PLL output frequency must be 96MHz
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: The USB topic

Post by Giovanni »

Thanks for testing, I will add the note to the documentation.

Giovanni
User avatar
barthess
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:55 pm
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: The USB topic

Post by barthess »

Hi Giovanni
There is something broken in USB CDC code. I observe following error when trying to build testahl project for F1x.

build/obj/serial_usb.o: In function `getflags':
/mnt/work/projects/chibios/testhal/STM32F1xx/USB_CDC/../../../os/hal/src/serial_usb.c:107: undefined reference to `_ch_get_and_clear_flags_impl'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: The USB topic

Post by Giovanni »

Thanks, it is a consequence of the recent changes, fixed in trunk.

Giovanni
fred
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: The USB topic

Post by fred »

I know this thread was last replied to a year ago but I'd like to add the location of ST's vritual COM port driver:

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM1 ... 3/PF257938

or: http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/produ ... ctSelector
then Software > MCU Software > STM32 MCUs Software > STM32 Softw Dev Suites > Ctrl-F for Virtual

The reason I'm posting this is that ST revamped their site last week and pretty much every link in fora and blogs points to a 404 now.

regards,
Fred
Post Reply