Hi,
I just wrote a SPI driver for the AVR processor for a little project I'm doing. The driver is attached.
Also attached are some small changes to the ArduinoMega demo which change the current 1000hz tick to 100hz and make the I2C/SPI options explicit on mcuconf.h (disabled by default).
Best regards,
Fabio Utzig
[TODO] AVR SPI driver and misc changes
Moderator: tfAteba
[TODO] AVR SPI driver and misc changes
- Attachments
-
- tick-rate-to-100hz.patch.gz
- Changes tick to 100hz for the ArduinoMega demo
- (561 Bytes) Downloaded 538 times
-
- default-options-for-spi-i2c.patch.gz
- Add default I2C/SPI options to mcuconf.h for ArduinoMega demo
- (229 Bytes) Downloaded 556 times
-
- avr_spi_lld.zip
- AVR SPI driver
- (4.72 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: AVR SPI driver and misc changes
Hi,
Currently there is no maintainer for the AVR (BTW interested?), I'll merge it when I have some extra time.
Giovanni
Currently there is no maintainer for the AVR (BTW interested?), I'll merge it when I have some extra time.
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] AVR SPI driver and misc changes
Hi Giovanni,
Since AVR port is kinda slow, I guess I could maintain it. As long as we're talking GCC based port. This new IAR port of the other thread I'm not sure. The main reason I'm quite afraid of the task is because I really dislike forums as a way of maintaing anything. I'm more of a mailing list kinda guy. You seem to be the only maintainer of any project I follow that really uses a forum...
Anyway, my suggestion would be for you to create a forum for each architecture (AVR/MSP430/etc) supported so the "Development and Feedback" would be more tailored to the Kernel which would make it easier to separate port specific issues from kernel issues.
I need to check how to receive emails for posts. I have subscribed to all forums but only receive emails when I open the website and also the emails don't have the content of the post. Not sure if that is possible...
Regarding some tasks like writing drivers, testhal, docs and such I'm easy with it. Some issues/doubts I have I'll better post on the "call..." thread.
Fabio Utzig
Since AVR port is kinda slow, I guess I could maintain it. As long as we're talking GCC based port. This new IAR port of the other thread I'm not sure. The main reason I'm quite afraid of the task is because I really dislike forums as a way of maintaing anything. I'm more of a mailing list kinda guy. You seem to be the only maintainer of any project I follow that really uses a forum...
Anyway, my suggestion would be for you to create a forum for each architecture (AVR/MSP430/etc) supported so the "Development and Feedback" would be more tailored to the Kernel which would make it easier to separate port specific issues from kernel issues.
I need to check how to receive emails for posts. I have subscribed to all forums but only receive emails when I open the website and also the emails don't have the content of the post. Not sure if that is possible...
Regarding some tasks like writing drivers, testhal, docs and such I'm easy with it. Some issues/doubts I have I'll better post on the "call..." thread.
Fabio Utzig