shell halting when code size gets too big
Moderators: RoccoMarco, lbednarz, tfAteba
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: shell halting when code size gets too big
Hi,
There is no issue as far I know, shells work in a lot of application. I am not sure there is something to fix in the shell.
You should provide more info.
Giovanni
There is no issue as far I know, shells work in a lot of application. I am not sure there is something to fix in the shell.
You should provide more info.
Giovanni
Re: shell halting when code size gets too big
Hi,
I resolved this issue many weeks ago but have another question on different subject but just to complete this one.
I identified I was actually running out of RAM, I used chCoreGetStatusX() to find out the free Heap size.
I changed the device so I have more RAM 48kb.
Forgive my ignorance but is there a simple method of checking RAM usage or is it just a case of looking in the .dmp file for the highest assigned address ?
e.g.
20004da8 l d .heap 00000000 .heap This is close to 20k and that was the size of the RAM in the STM32F103RB device.
Or am I on the completely wrong track .
Best regards
Paul
I resolved this issue many weeks ago but have another question on different subject but just to complete this one.
I identified I was actually running out of RAM, I used chCoreGetStatusX() to find out the free Heap size.
I changed the device so I have more RAM 48kb.
Forgive my ignorance but is there a simple method of checking RAM usage or is it just a case of looking in the .dmp file for the highest assigned address ?
e.g.
20004da8 l d .heap 00000000 .heap This is close to 20k and that was the size of the RAM in the STM32F103RB device.
Or am I on the completely wrong track .
Best regards
Paul
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: shell halting when code size gets too big
Hi,
Map or dmp files are the best way to see static memory usage.
Giovanni
Map or dmp files are the best way to see static memory usage.
Giovanni