SPC56L Discovery Kit!

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by mobyfab »

Giovanni wrote:
mobyfab wrote:I hope they make a discovery board with the MCUs equiped with a TPU. :)


I asked, in few weeks a low cost board based on the SPC563M64 should be released, it is an 80MHz powertrain device with ETPU.

Giovanni


Great news!!!

I will definitely get one :D
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by Tectu »

Giovanni wrote:
mobyfab wrote:I asked, in few weeks a low cost board based on the SPC563M64 should be released, it is an 80MHz powertrain device with ETPU.

Did you also receive any price tag? Probably some other features you might want to tell us? :P


~ Tectu
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by Giovanni »

Initially the price will be higher than STM32 Discovery kits but they are mentioning high quality construction for automotive.

Giovanni
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by mobyfab »

Do you know if there's gonna be a free etpu compiler?

That's the only major drawback right now.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by Giovanni »

It is not planned as far I know but something I wanted to try is to create some kind of macro-assembler for the ETPU, is the C language really required? such a restricted subset too, it is not really C anymore.

Giovanni
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by mobyfab »

Giovanni wrote:It is not planned as far I know but something I wanted to try is to create some kind of macro-assembler for the ETPU, is the C language really required? such a restricted subset too, it is not really C anymore.

Giovanni


Since the instruction set is rather limited, an assembler would probably do :)
User avatar
russian
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:17 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by russian »

Giovanni wrote:I asked, in few weeks a low cost board based on the SPC563M64 should be released, it is an 80MHz powertrain device with ETPU.
Giovanni

But what about a free tool chain for these MCUs? And for the ETPU? Update: I see your have responded already, I have missed the 2nd page of this topic.

My EFI project is getting some traction and the community is trying to figure out it we should stay with stm32 or look around for other options. To be honest, questions are also asked what RTOS is most suited for automotive application and right now I am trying to figure our the difference between ChibiOS and ERIKA.

Anyway, is is great to see ST using ChibiOS as in this SPC5-STUDIO!
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Post by Giovanni »

Erika is an OSEK compliant RTOS, ChibiOS is not, this is the basic difference. ChibiOS has more fueatures, OSEK specifies a very simplified RTOS.

SPC5Studion contains ChibiOS and also another OSEK-compliant RTOS, both can use the HAL (derived from the ChibiOS HAL).

Giovanni
Post Reply