Page 2 of 2

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm
by mobyfab
Giovanni wrote:
mobyfab wrote:I hope they make a discovery board with the MCUs equiped with a TPU. :)


I asked, in few weeks a low cost board based on the SPC563M64 should be released, it is an 80MHz powertrain device with ETPU.

Giovanni


Great news!!!

I will definitely get one :D

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 pm
by Tectu
Giovanni wrote:
mobyfab wrote:I asked, in few weeks a low cost board based on the SPC563M64 should be released, it is an 80MHz powertrain device with ETPU.

Did you also receive any price tag? Probably some other features you might want to tell us? :P


~ Tectu

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:23 am
by Giovanni
Initially the price will be higher than STM32 Discovery kits but they are mentioning high quality construction for automotive.

Giovanni

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:41 am
by mobyfab
Do you know if there's gonna be a free etpu compiler?

That's the only major drawback right now.

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm
by Giovanni
It is not planned as far I know but something I wanted to try is to create some kind of macro-assembler for the ETPU, is the C language really required? such a restricted subset too, it is not really C anymore.

Giovanni

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 am
by mobyfab
Giovanni wrote:It is not planned as far I know but something I wanted to try is to create some kind of macro-assembler for the ETPU, is the C language really required? such a restricted subset too, it is not really C anymore.

Giovanni


Since the instruction set is rather limited, an assembler would probably do :)

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 pm
by russian
Giovanni wrote:I asked, in few weeks a low cost board based on the SPC563M64 should be released, it is an 80MHz powertrain device with ETPU.
Giovanni

But what about a free tool chain for these MCUs? And for the ETPU? Update: I see your have responded already, I have missed the 2nd page of this topic.

My EFI project is getting some traction and the community is trying to figure out it we should stay with stm32 or look around for other options. To be honest, questions are also asked what RTOS is most suited for automotive application and right now I am trying to figure our the difference between ChibiOS and ERIKA.

Anyway, is is great to see ST using ChibiOS as in this SPC5-STUDIO!

Re: SPC56L Discovery Kit!

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:12 am
by Giovanni
Erika is an OSEK compliant RTOS, ChibiOS is not, this is the basic difference. ChibiOS has more fueatures, OSEK specifies a very simplified RTOS.

SPC5Studion contains ChibiOS and also another OSEK-compliant RTOS, both can use the HAL (derived from the ChibiOS HAL).

Giovanni