Page 2 of 2

Re: [NOTE] Things nice to have

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 pm
by steved
Thargon wrote:I know, but that is still quite cumbersome imo. I would hope that there is a better way than using explicit compiler directives, like

Simplification is only a few #defines away; for example I have:

Code: Select all

#define CACHE_ALIGN         __attribute__((aligned (32))) __attribute__((section(".ram0")))
#define CACHE_ALIGN_ZERO    __attribute__((aligned (32))) __attribute__((section(".bss")))
#define CACHE_NONE          __attribute__((section(".ram3")))

The section names need to lead to definitions in the scatter file.

You then use them in much the way you envisaged:

Code: Select all

CACHE_NONE uint8_t shortMessageBuffers[SHORT_MESSAGE_COUNT][SHORT_MESSAGE_MAX_LEN + 2] = { { 0 } };


I'd certainly like to see some standard Chibi memory-related definitions; possibly by type of memory rather than anything else (e.g. cached/non-cached, EEPROM, fast/slow etc)

Re: [NOTE] Things nice to have

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:01 pm
by faisal
Now that the latest kernels and HAL are released, I suggest starting a new thread with ideas for the next significant releases.

Re: [NOTE] Things nice to have

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:37 pm
by Giovanni
We can continue here, there are still things in this thread that I need to consider.

About my personal ideas, things I want to do:

- New multi-core kernel or multi core mode in RT.
- Security kernel running in trust zone for new Cortex-M33, threads could be both in secure and non-secure spaces. This implies kernel separation from the application and a true API protocol for entry.
- C++ HAL prototype, not meant to replace current one.
- Add new features to OSLIB, even higher level.

In general, more new things.

Giovanni

Re: [NOTE] Things nice to have

Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 pm
by JSStabl
Not sure if this is the right place, but it would be nice to be able to easily switch between a DMA and a non-DMA implementation for the periphery in the HAL. Sometimes all DMA Channels are used for certain pins and one has to manually write non-DMA drivers.

Re: [NOTE] Things nice to have

Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:53 pm
by Thargon
I submitted a patch some time ago for the STM32 I2Cv1 LLD: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4339

A more recent version compatible with ChibiOS 19.1 can be found in my project: https://opensource.cit-ec.de/projects/a ... rev=master

- Thomas

Re: [NOTE] Things nice to have

Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 pm
by JSStabl
Yeah, incorporating that into all HAL drivers would help a lot :)