AVR Architecture changes? Topic is solved

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Atmel AVR family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: tfAteba

User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: AVR Architecture changes?

Post by Giovanni »

Excellent work :)
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: AVR Architecture changes?

Post by tfAteba »

Hi Giovanni,

Thank you :) , it is normal, It is always a pleasure while working on ChibiOS. I also just try to give back what this amazing project give us.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: AVR Architecture changes?

Post by tfAteba »

Utzig,

Very nice! Once you have serial+pal working just push them, then I'll try taking some time to test on my board and maybe writing a spi or i2c or usb driver.


The serial driver is working no so you can have a try.

Thanks
BurchSung
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: AVR Architecture changes?

Post by BurchSung »

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge their peripherals are really simple to program, so not really sure why someone would use an OS there. I have one XMega board somewhere but never really used it for anything.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: AVR Architecture changes?

Post by tfAteba »

Hi Burchsung,

Welcome on the community,

so not really sure why someone would use an OS there

I made that port just for learning purpose and I decide to share my experience. Of curse you can use the mcu without any OS has you said but my goal is also to learn to use an OS for all my small projects.

I have one XMega board somewhere but never really used it for anything.

So you can try the port and give a feedback.

As per my knowledge their peripherals are really simple to program,

So you can write some peripheral drivers and share if you want.
Post Reply