Page 2 of 3

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:37 pm
by tfAteba
Yes I understand :D .

I already made some test to have the same feature in the AVR family. But I have some problems with the Makefile.

I'm still trying to manage it.

Thanks.

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 pm
by tfAteba
Hi All,

tfateba wrote:
I already made some test to have the same feature in the AVR family. But I have some problems with the Makefile.

Just a post to said that I have modify AVR makefiles, and now, there are "Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications" under testhal/AVR/multi/PAL/.
So this feature is also implemented into the AVR architecture.

e_l_tang wrote:
I find this to be a very useful feature. I have been wondering if I could make my project compile for both AVR and ARM after converting it to run on ChibiOS. I'm looking forward to seeing the example.


The Next step is to make a demo with STM and AVR together to try different Architectures, different devices and different boards :)

Thanks.

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 am
by e_l_tang
I noticed that some of the AVR implementations of HAL drivers are not as complete as their STM32 counterparts. Does this mean that an STM32 project might need to be modified to work with AVR even though it doesn't use any drivers which aren't implemented on AVR?

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:38 am
by Giovanni
Hi,

AVR support is less mature but in some cases it could depend on HW limitations. Anyway, it is better to point out non-conformities, Theo not necessarily is aware of all of them.

Then give priorities and make a plan.

Giovanni

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 am
by e_l_tang
It was missing support for PAL lines, but I saw that Theo addressed that today. Currently it's missing an implementation of the newly added usbWakeupHost. There may be more things I'm unaware of.

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 am
by tfAteba
Hi,

Thanks to point me all the difference you know. I'm implementing some features step by step :). For the HAL/PAL, it is still missing the event support for the moment.

But i'm on it and any help and contribution are welcome to improve the HAL.

Thanks.

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 am
by e_l_tang
I'd to suggest that a list be made of what still remains to be done in each port. Currently the only way to find out this information is reading the code or asking someone who is familiar with it, and I feel that this forms a barrier to people making contributions in their free time. I for one will most likely be making some contributions over the course of the next year and I personally would find such a list useful.

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:38 am
by tfAteba
I'm agree with you, it is a good idea. It will be good if we can do so.

In my side, I already have a todo list to know what I have to do to update the support of the AVR architecture.
In the list, it will be good to have a working status such like (pending, work in progress, finish, etc...)

So Giovanni, can we host a such tools on the sourceforge for example or do you have another proposition?

Thanks.

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 am
by tfAteba
Or we can simply host a todo list to the wiki page :)

Re: [NEW] Portable multi-device/board ChibiOS applications

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 am
by e_l_tang
Would it be possible for the AVR code to be moved over to the community repo like the Kinetis code was? I'm probably going to start sending some patches in the next few days and that would make it a lot easier for me.