Page 2 of 2

Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 pm
by mabl
Hi frederic.leuba,

I just tried it out with the ARMCM3-STM32F107-LWIP demo on the RevB board and my board files. Everything works as expected...

Please make sure that
  • You are using the Sub-D9 connector on the Olimex board. (Or are you using the Serial on the UEXT connector?)
  • Enabled Serial 2 in mcuconf.h
  • You have changed SD2 to SD3.

Serial Port 2 should be PD11 and PD12 if remapped.

Best,
MaBl

Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:38 am
by frederic.leuba
Hello all,

I confirm that everything works fine now.
Shame on me, I had forgotten to update the path to the REV_B board directory... now we have the serial console, the shell, fatfs, etc...

We compile, flashed and connected from windows, linux and macosX, it all works.
@MaBl: Thanks for your help.
@Giovanni: you can include REV_B in your source tree

Fred

Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:39 am
by Giovanni
Thanks, will do.

Giovanni

Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 am
by mabl
Giovanni, please remember also looking at Rev. A SD2 remapping. I think it is erroneously missing and Eth will fail if SD2 is enabled.