Page 2 of 5
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:35 pm
by Giovanni
Are you able to compile the demo from the command line?
Give the command "cs-make" to compile, "cs-make clean" to remove the temporary files.
Giovanni
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:48 pm
by Dave_fr
It really looks like Eclipse can't find these header files. If I understand right, the Eclipse is supposed to know about the Chibios Library thanks of the following section in the makefile :
# Imported source files
CHIBIOS = ../..
include $(CHIBIOS)/boards/OLIMEX_SAM7_EX256/board.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/hal/platforms/AT91SAM7/platform.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/hal/hal.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/ports/GCC/ARM/port.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/kernel/kernel.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/test/test.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/ext/fatfs/fatfs.mk
Right ?
So now, I'm thinking that there is a problem when Eclipse tries to read this section. I looked at what liamstask said, also looked in the project settings. I found that the option "automatically generate a makefile" was ticked so I unticked suspecting this was causing Eclipse to build his own makefile and therefore forced it to ignore the demos makefile. Obviously didn't work.
I must say that I'm running out of ideas ...
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:22 pm
by Dave_fr
Giovanni wrote:Are you able to compile the demo from the command line?
Give the command "cs-make" to compile, "cs-make clean" to remove the temporary files.
Giovanni
With windows CMD prompt I changed directory to the first demo "ARM7-AT91SAM7X-FATFS-GCC". Then I just typed "cs-make" and it says :
"Makefile:53: ../../ext/fatfs/fatfs.mk: No such file or directory
'test' isn't recognized as an internal command or external, an executable program or a command file.
a sub folder or a file already exists.
The path isn't accessible.
cs-make: *** No rule to make target '../../ext/fatfs/fatfs.mk'. Stop.
Typing cs-make clean doesn't make any difference...
Dave
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 pm
by Giovanni
It is because FatFs is not present under ./ext, it is delivered as a zip file, you have to unzip it under ext then the demo should compile.
I think you didn't follow exactly the "import" procedure described in the guide, probably you should delete the project from Eclipse and start over.
Giovanni
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:35 pm
by Dave_fr
No doubt I didn't do what I was suppose to somewhere along the line LOL
Can you please post the URL of the 'import procedure page". I must obviously not be looking at the right place. I'm looking and looking but can't find anything talking about FatFs...
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:54 pm
by Giovanni
Wait, there are two distinct issues, the first issue is that you are unable to compile the demo from the command line. You must unpack FatFs in order to compile, read the file ./ext/readme.txt
If you are able to compile from the command line then follow this procedure in order to import the project under eclipse and be able to compile from there:
http://www.chibios.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... to_eclipseGiovanni
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:44 pm
by Dave_fr
Well it looks like this was a big step forward. I unpackedeverything ect...
Now, when I try to compile with the command line it doesn't complain about not finding fatfs anymore but there is still the remaining "test isn't recognize as an internal command".
Thank for your help Giovanni !
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:52 pm
by Giovanni
Please post an image of the error, that will help me understand.
Giovanni
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:04 pm
by Dave_fr
It's in French ...

Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:21 pm
by Giovanni
Ok, I think you need the Unix-like commands, please install the YAGARTO-tools from here:
http://www.yagarto.de/The tools also include make.exe, use this one when compiling. Make sure that the path of the tools is the first one in the PATH variable.
Giovanni