Page 2 of 14
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm
by Giovanni
russian wrote:STM32439I-EVAL2 $500 ops

Way too expensive

Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am
by tinito
Giovanni wrote:I hope they will make a discovery kit for this.
Giovanni
Here they say there will be a STM32F429Iâ€DISCO kit in Q3/2013
It is also already
listed on digikey, 33 USD (which may correspond to actually 33 USD for the chip only on low quantities, looking to other discovery kits)
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 am
by Giovanni
I will try asking internally....
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 pm
by Tectu
Any information on what will be on the board for 33$? An LCD?

~ Tectu
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:19 am
by ilovezeno
Yesï¼ $33 with a small 2.4inch LCD!

- stm32f429i-disco.jpg (77.39 KiB) Viewed 8806 times
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 am
by Giovanni
Very very nice, does it still have the accelerometer? it is not clear in the picture.
I hope they maintained the same pinout on the side connectors too.
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:05 pm
by tronicgr
Very nice! Will the LCD have touch sensor as well? That would be perfect!
I think I'm going to place a pre-order for it on Digikey!!! Although I seen the price jump to $42 now! And their ship estimate is 10/4/2013...
Thanos
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:00 am
by Abhishek
Gosh, now that's something

. The LCD looks like it has a touch screen too.
I want one of these. Hopefully it would be available soon [samples ? ].
Abhishek
PS. Is this the same size as a F4 discovery?
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:08 am
by Giovanni
Connectors appear to not be compatible with the previous Discovery so the existing base boards will not be compatible. I hope they removed the conflicts with PHY signals or, at least, didn't make it worse.
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 am
by Tectu
An LCD? Fancy! Too bad we have no LCD driver and graphic framework
~ Tectu