Page 11 of 12

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm
by mobyfab
Windows files uploaded :)

Tested with F4 and works fine.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 pm
by mobyfab
I did some other updates, one major: It now uses WinUsb under windows, so it works with the official driver. No more needs to install libusb-win32.

For linux there is now an Ubuntu PPA available: https://launchpad.net/~mobyfab/+archive/qstlink2

Currently it's the only GUI flash tool that runs on most/all platforms.

Could someone test with an F1/F2/F3 ? I only have F0/F4 Discovery boards to test.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 pm
by part1zan_
I have an STM32F3Discovery board, and I had some issues with qstlink2.
When I press the "Disconnect MCU" button, the green light at the board doesn't change its color to red, thus it doesn't actually disconnect from the st-linkv2 at the board. Also, when I press "Disconnect", it doesn't see the board (probably because it doesn't actually disconnect).
Oh, and I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, if that matters.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:18 am
by kjarke
I use the F4Discovery board as the interface between my laptop and my F107 based Keil board and flash via the SWD interface. It works like a treat! Best way to flash the Keil board from Ubuntu. Thanks so much for your efforts!

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:34 am
by mobyfab
part1zan_ wrote:I have an STM32F3Discovery board, and I had some issues with qstlink2.
When I press the "Disconnect MCU" button, the green light at the board doesn't change its color to red, thus it doesn't actually disconnect from the st-linkv2 at the board. Also, when I press "Disconnect", it doesn't see the board (probably because it doesn't actually disconnect).
Oh, and I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, if that matters.


Hi,
I does disconnect, it's just that the red led means it's in DFU mode.
The app does not switch back to DFU when it disconnects, this is the same behavior as the official tools.

What do you mean by "it does not see the board"?

I did test with F0/3/4 boards and everything works fine.

kjarke wrote:I use the F4Discovery board as the interface between my laptop and my F107 based Keil board and flash via the SWD interface. It works like a treat! Best way to flash the Keil board from Ubuntu. Thanks so much for your efforts!


You're welcome :)

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 pm
by part1zan_
mobyfab wrote:The app does not switch back to DFU when it disconnects, this is the same behavior as the official tools.

Using st-link (from there: https://github.com/texane/stlink), when I launch the st-util, the board's LED becomes green, and when I precc ^C to kill st-util, it becomes back red. I think that's closer to the expected behaviour.
[quote="mobyfab]
What do you mean by "it does not see the board"?
[/quote]
I have to pull the plug and then push it back to make qstlink2 see the board.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:10 pm
by mobyfab
Which version are you running? The latest one should be 1.0.2

I'll make some more tests.

Thanks.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:31 pm
by part1zan_
I use the one from some ubuntu repo, it's:

Code: Select all

$ dpkg -l | grep stlink
ii  qstlink2                               1.0.2~precise                                       ST-Link V2 Client based on QT.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 pm
by lazureus
Hi,
can someone tell me how to compile the qstlink2 from the source, because on the launchpad I cannot see version for the saucy salamander, yet. I've already cloned sources from the github, but actually I don't see any makefile which will allow me to compile it, there is only some *.pro file. I use ubuntu 13.10. BTW I encountered also problems with debugging my STM32F4-DISCOVERY through st-util and gdb, device just hangs in some weird state, I'm going to check right now maybe new toolchain will help. Currently I use old summon-arm-gcc and compile demo for the STM32F4-DISCOVERY from ChibiOS. Thanks in advance.

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:08 pm
by Tectu
It is a normal Qt program. You first have to call qmake which builds the Makefile out of the *.pro. If you're not that used to console-compiling, you probably just want to open the *.pro in QtCreator (the IDE for Qt).


~ Tectu