Page 14 of 14

Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm
by trepidacious
In case anyone is interested, I had a chance to test the DCMI with concurrent SPI5 transfers - this should produce concurrent DMA on controller 2, and on the 40X would have triggered an errata and locked the MCU. On the 427 it seems fine, which is nice!

While testing this I noticed that in STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h in trunk, on line 489, SPI 4-6 are only enabled for 429 and 439, I tried changing the line from:

Code: Select all

#ifdef STM32F429_439xx

to:

Code: Select all

#if defined(STM32F427_437xx) || defined(STM32F429_439xx)

and tested on a 427 board with SPI5, this works fine.

Ben.

Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm
by Giovanni
Thanks for reporting, I will add the change to the trunk and various branches.

Giovanni

Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:56 pm
by inca
I am having trouble getting 168 MHz to work with the board.chcfg. hal_lld.h fails with

Code: Select all

../../chibios3/os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h:1087:2: error: #error "STM32_PLLVCO outside acceptable range (STM32_PLLVCO_MIN...STM32_PLLVCO_MAX)"
../../chibios3/os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h:1099:2: error: #error "STM32_PLLCLKOUT outside acceptable range (STM32_PLLOUT_MIN...STM32_PLLOUT_MAX)"
../../chibios3/os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h:1119:2: error: #error "STM32_SYSCLK above maximum rated frequency (STM32_SYSCLK_MAX)"
../../chibios3/os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h:1198:2: error: #error "STM32_HCLK exceeding maximum frequency (STM32_SYSCLK_MAX)"
../../chibios3/os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h:1222:2: error: #error "STM32_PCLK1 exceeding maximum frequency (STM32_PCLK1_MAX)"
../../chibios3/os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h:1246:2: error: #error "STM32_PCLK2 exceeding maximum frequency (STM32_PCLK2_MAX)"


Is this somehow due to the USB OTG? It doesn't seem to be, since there are no USB OTD errors and it's not enabled.

I copied the STM32F407 HAL example to use with a custom STM32F429 board. I don't see any other meaningful differences between the board.chcfg files of my project and the RT-STM32F429-DISCOVERY. FWIW, I tried defining STM32F429_439xx but it seems to fail before it even gets to those #ifdef checks.

Cheers,
inca

Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 pm
by Giovanni
You should start from the F429 example. Those are problems with clock settings.

Giovanni

Re: [DONE] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:15 pm
by inca
Sorry... I spaced and wasn't reading the variable names right. The clock is fine and at 168 MHz already. :roll: