Page 4 of 4

Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:04 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

thanks, link updated, it was because the new web site. Added some more info to the articles too.

Giovanni

Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:02 pm
by russian
What is the 3.0 replacement for CORTEX_PRIORITY_SYSTICK?

I am using 3.0 in tick mode and just realized that I have no idea what is the priority of my virtual timers which I assume are on the systick handler.

CORTEX_PRIORITY_SYSTICK is not mentioned in the code anymore and I am not sure if CORTEX_PRIORITY_SVCALL is what I need.

Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:56 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

Systick is no more handled in the Cortex port layer, now there is a new "ST" (SysTick) driver in HAL, related settings are there. Note that in tickless mode the systick cortex timer is not used.

Giovanni

Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm
by russian
Sounds like STM32_ST_IRQ_PRIORITY is CORTEX_PRIORITY_SYSTICK replacement

Wonder how many people are confused by "ST" abbreviation. Would it be beneficial to mention SysTick in the @brief or @details?

* @file st.c
* @brief ST Driver code.

* @file st.h
* @brief ST Driver macros and structures.
* @details This header is designed to be include-able without having to
* include other files from the HAL.