Page 4 of 8

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:05 am
by Giovanni
There is something I wish feedback on.

Should the book also be a complete manual? my idea is that the book should complement the documentation not include it. Including the full documentation would also double the size and increase the cost.

Right now I am focusing on describing all subsystems, including UML diagrams, state machines and writing a lot of examples covering most/all the API.

Giovanni

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 am
by tecnologic
Hi Giovanni,

I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.

Regards

Tec

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 pm
by Tectu
tecnologic wrote:I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.

I fully agree on that one.


~ Tectu

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:54 pm
by barthess
Agree with tecnologic.

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 am
by ruslanpopov
Re all. How can I take a look on the book?

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:43 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

See PMs, suggestions are welcome.

Giovanni

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:22 pm
by ruslanpopov
Giovanni wrote:Hi,

See PMs, suggestions are welcome.

Giovanni


Thank you. Went to read the book.

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:12 pm
by chatur86
hi
Mr. Giovanni
please post link for the book mentioned by you above.
i was struggling to get hold of chibi with your doku for last two months with nofruitful results.
i am an electricalengineer who started exploring the micro controllers as a hobby

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

I PMed you the account info.

The book is a very technical and covers the RTOS functionality (no HAL), I am not sure it is what you need.

Giovanni

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:02 am
by Ceco
Hello Giovanni.

Can I have access to the book? I want to take a look. I have a problems to understand some conceptions in your kernel functionality, hope this book will give me a bit clear view.