Tectu: Not sure if you are talking about my PCB or someone else, but I might as well add more details.
It is first revision prototype right now. Part cost + PCB is below $200 US. 10 pieces of bare double sided proto PCB done in China for about $21 including shipping.
Took one and half days for me to hand solder, hot air the DFN parts and reflow in toaster oven. I had to stop a few times because my neck was getting sore.

It was an expensive gamble, but I pulled it off. Life would have been easier if I pay extra $20 for a stencil and $15 for some good quality solder paste, but I can't justify for that. Not sure if there will ever be volume to justify a small production run as the production charges + part cost + PCB CAD tool commercial license upgrade can get very expensive. There are FPGA development boards with much better specs at those price range.

I'll never the motivation to actually do anything with them.
My Schematic/PCB design is done in Eagle CAD. Unfortunately the size & complexity, so it can be viewed, but not saved under their free tool license. Even if you can, not much you can change without redoing the whole layout. I did 15 design/layout revisions to get things to fit in that board dimension for the PCB deal. Also did a lot of 3D modeling with a free tool afterward to check footprint, layout etc. That work seems to pay off as there is one mistake on the board I found so far that would require some minor mod.
Non open source, but $0.00 tools FPGA tools for Xilinx CPLD and Altera FPGA are available under Windows and Linux. Haven't gone that far yet as I am playing with ChibiOS right now. My first time working with ARM chips and tool chain.
It is fun to force and push myself outside my comfort zone once in a while.