Page 4 of 14
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:40 am
by mobyfab
It's more a matter of doing the board.h and mcuconf.h file for chibios.
uGFX should handle the sdram and TFT controller.
I probably won't get a board before a while anyways...
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:20 am
by Giovanni
The HAL will require minor changes in order to support the new STM32 but nothing difficult. Probably I will add a driver for FSMC and initialize the DRAM bank and the LCD controller from board.c.
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:25 am
by Abhishek
Are the STM32F429 discovery boards available now [as samples]?
Regards
Abhishek
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:41 am
by Giovanni
I've been unable to get one yet. I got one of the new Discovery-M1 however, cool stuff.
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:14 pm
by pito
.. do you mean L1 M3?..
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:37 pm
by Giovanni
Basically it is the iNEMO M1 mounted on a small board with connectors.

- m1.jpg (206.18 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
Those who build quadcopters will love it.
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:08 am
by trepidacious
I've just got hold of a Discovery 429, I was planning to try out ChibiOS on it, starting with modifying the mcuconf and board files from the discovery 407 versions.
Is there anything else to watch out for? Giovanni mentioned changes to the HAL, I guess there would be changes needed to support additional hardware like the extra SPI channels etc. Are the peripherals that the 429 shares with the 407 likely to work without modifications?
Ben.
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am
by Tectu
Yes, please write a display and touchscreen driver for µGFX

It would be mainly a modification of the current ILIxxxx drivers.
~ Tectu
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:30 am
by Giovanni
Changing board files will not be sufficient, some changes are required also in the HAL driver (clock initialization). Also, probably the new ST header files will bring with them their share of integration problems...
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:56 am
by trepidacious
I had come to the same conclusion, looking at the datasheet, STM32_VOS is now two bits rather than one, so at least that would need to be changed, not sure what else there might be. DMA streams, memory layout etc. look very similar, just with extra stuff added.