Mmh it clears some of the errors but not all of them. I need to link the project to test.h and to ff.h, should I use virtual folders too or the "Path and symbols" method? Thanks for the help, it's really amazing how fast you reply.
EDIT: I used a linked folder instead of a virtual folder. Does it change anything? Sorry for the silly questions, I'm really not a pro!
Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Moderators: RoccoMarco, lbednarz, tfAteba
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
I usually create linked folders to all the code used by the demo:
./os
./test
./boards/xxxxxxx
./ext/fatfs
etc
This allows the indexer to find all the symbols used by the project. It is also convenient because this way I can access any file from the project context.
Edit: Sorry I always meant linked folders instead of virtual folders.
Giovanni
./os
./test
./boards/xxxxxxx
./ext/fatfs
etc
This allows the indexer to find all the symbols used by the project. It is also convenient because this way I can access any file from the project context.
Edit: Sorry I always meant linked folders instead of virtual folders.
Giovanni
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
Okay this solves most of it, but then I get more errors, it never ends =P
For the moment, I include
- yagarto include files using Path and Symbols;
- OS files using:
Import_OS;
Import_Ext;
Import_Test;
Import_Board.
I obtain better results using the Path and Symbols method, so everything is included using that method (and I will be able to generate a generic xml file to do that in one click, which is quite useful).
One last problem is an issue with the threads. In the main function (as usual), Eclipse cannot find a reference to r13 in:
It doesn't really matter as this is a demo and everything compiles properly, so don't bother if you don't have the explanation!
Thanks a lot anyways, it was really useful!
For the moment, I include
- yagarto include files using Path and Symbols;
- OS files using:
Import_OS;
Import_Ext;
Import_Test;
Import_Board.
I obtain better results using the Path and Symbols method, so everything is included using that method (and I will be able to generate a generic xml file to do that in one click, which is quite useful).
One last problem is an issue with the threads. In the main function (as usual), Eclipse cannot find a reference to r13 in:
Code: Select all
siprintf(buf, "%8lx %8lx %4u %4i %9s %u",
(uint32_t)tp, (uint32_t)tp->p_ctx.r13,
(unsigned int)tp->p_prio, tp->p_refs - 1,
states[tp->p_state], (unsigned int)tp->p_time);
shellPrintLine(chp, buf);
tp = chRegNextThread(tp);
It doesn't really matter as this is a demo and everything compiles properly, so don't bother if you don't have the explanation!
Thanks a lot anyways, it was really useful!
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
That "r13" is a port-dependent field of the Thread structure so it is defined multiple times under ./os, probably Eclipse picks the wrong port. You may not include the whole ./os but just parts of it.
Are you using an existing demo or you are putting together your own application?
Giovanni
Are you using an existing demo or you are putting together your own application?
Giovanni
Re: Problem importing a project in Eclipse
I guess that's the issue, I should look into it! I'm using a demo for the moment, but the goal is ultimately to create my own application. BLDC motor control 
EDIT: Ok i found it, it was indeed a problem with multiple definitions. I deleted every directory I'll never use in this project, it's way better like this!
EDIT: Ok i found it, it was indeed a problem with multiple definitions. I deleted every directory I'll never use in this project, it's way better like this!