Page 6 of 8

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:23 pm
by ichro
Hi
Giovanni can I take a look on the book?

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:28 pm
by Giovanni
ichro wrote:Hi
Giovanni can I take a look on the book?


Hi,

Check PMs.

Giovanni

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:51 pm
by UFO
Hi there Giovanni, and All,

Is the book still being written? Is the book still available for review? If so, where may I find a copy of the 'book'?

Thanks in advance,

UFO

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:00 am
by utzig
Since we're talking about it, any reason for not making it available publicly? Do you intend to self-publish or are you working with some publisher?

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 am
by utzig
UFO wrote:Is the book still being written? Is the book still available for review? If so, where may I find a copy of the 'book'?


It seems to be fairly complete. It's available on the wiki but still private. Create an user there and send a PM to Giovanni and he may enable your access!

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:04 am
by UFO
utzig wrote:
UFO wrote:Is the book still being written? Is the book still available for review? If so, where may I find a copy of the 'book'?


It seems to be fairly complete. It's available on the wiki but still private. Create an user there and send a PM to Giovanni and he may enable your access!

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig


Fabio,

Thanks...

UFO

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:08 am
by Giovanni
The book is not yet complete, I will restart working on it after the 3.0 release. I am not sure that I am doing it right, probably it is too technical and covers RT only, most questions on the forum are about HAL and STM32.

The idea is to publish on one of those web stores.

Giovanni

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:40 am
by UFO
Thanks

UFO

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:33 pm
by MarkIngle
I started reading the online book last night and I think it is very good! I have never built an OS but I can understand the concepts and the purpose driven architecture that has been designed into this Embedded OS. If I can find some references on installing the suite on a Mac OSX yosesmite I will be digging further into understanding the OS platform. Currently I am involved with OPNG (formerly OpenPilot), a flight controller solution for multi rotors.

Great work!

Mark

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:25 pm
by Giovanni
Thanks, I will resume working on it after the 3.0 release, if you see errors or points that could be expanded (in addition to all the feedback already given in this thread) please report them here.

Giovanni