I should receive 3 samples this week, hopefully we will have some kind of support next week.
Giovanni
[DONE] The New STM32F429/F439
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
The peripherals library is out, the F4 header changed quite a bit... the device selection macros are named differently, board files will have to be adapted, generator tool too.
Giovanni
Giovanni
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
JUST RECEIVED IT 
It is a Y too.
BTW, be very careful while removing it from the blister pack.
Giovanni
It is a Y too.
BTW, be very careful while removing it from the blister pack.
Giovanni
-
trepidacious
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Congrats 
I checked my board and it is a "Y" revision too
(Sorry for the delay responding). I also ordered some samples of the IC, and they are revision Y too, at least as marked on the outside of the shrinkwrap.
I checked my board and it is a "Y" revision too
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Giovanni wrote:JUST RECEIVED IT
Do I have a working ChibiOS/RT demo by tomorrow evening?
~ Tectu
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Unlikely, I will not be able to work on this until the weekend.
Giovanni
Giovanni
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
Good news! version "Y" is much better.
And please use the discovery board driver lib very carefully. I find it really published in a hurry. A lot of things havn't been done. For example. The sdram is not set to burst mode (that means sdram reading fifo off). however, according to the errata and stm32f429 driver firmware for eval board, it should be set to burst mode.
And please use the discovery board driver lib very carefully. I find it really published in a hurry. A lot of things havn't been done. For example. The sdram is not set to burst mode (that means sdram reading fifo off). however, according to the errata and stm32f429 driver firmware for eval board, it should be set to burst mode.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439
The points to be investigated are the LDC and SDRAM initialization, I suppose there are two possible ways ahead:
1) Just do a low level initialization in the board.c file or alternatively...
2) create a small platform driver for the LCD and the FSMC.
Giovanni
1) Just do a low level initialization in the board.c file or alternatively...
2) create a small platform driver for the LCD and the FSMC.
Giovanni