Page 6 of 14

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am
by Giovanni
I should receive 3 samples this week, hopefully we will have some kind of support next week.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:49 pm
by mobyfab
Waiting for availability at RS, as I got free shipping there :D

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:58 pm
by Tectu
Mine got shipped out today - should be here by tomorrow.


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:14 pm
by Giovanni
The peripherals library is out, the F4 header changed quite a bit... the device selection macros are named differently, board files will have to be adapted, generator tool too.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:26 pm
by Giovanni
JUST RECEIVED IT :)

It is a Y too.

BTW, be very careful while removing it from the blister pack.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm
by trepidacious
Congrats :)
I checked my board and it is a "Y" revision too :) (Sorry for the delay responding). I also ordered some samples of the IC, and they are revision Y too, at least as marked on the outside of the shrinkwrap.

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:51 pm
by Tectu
Giovanni wrote:JUST RECEIVED IT :)

Do I have a working ChibiOS/RT demo by tomorrow evening? :twisted:


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:00 pm
by Giovanni
Unlikely, I will not be able to work on this until the weekend.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 am
by ilovezeno
Good news! version "Y" is much better.
And please use the discovery board driver lib very carefully. I find it really published in a hurry. A lot of things havn't been done. For example. The sdram is not set to burst mode (that means sdram reading fifo off). however, according to the errata and stm32f429 driver firmware for eval board, it should be set to burst mode.

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 am
by Giovanni
The points to be investigated are the LDC and SDRAM initialization, I suppose there are two possible ways ahead:
1) Just do a low level initialization in the board.c file or alternatively...
2) create a small platform driver for the LCD and the FSMC.

Giovanni