Page 7 of 14

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:11 pm
by Tectu
Giovanni wrote:2) create a small platform driver for the LCD and the FSMC.

What do you mean by that? The driver would be provided by µGFX (or do you want to be independent from µGFX? :cry: )


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 pm
by Giovanni
It would be meant for initialization, low level commands at most.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:44 pm
by Tectu
Why would you want to put the display initialization into your board files? µGFX has board files as well in which the peripherals get initialized as required.


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:19 pm
by Giovanni
Tectu wrote:Why would you want to put the display initialization into your board files? µGFX has board files as well in which the peripherals get initialized as required.


The HAL is supposed to initialize the HW, sorry but I think that board initialization does not belong to a graphic library, probably you have a problem there.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 pm
by Tectu
I agree with you that it's better done within your stuff indeed. The reason why we have our own init_board() routine is to be able to setup the peripherals for systems different than ChibiOS/RT (they sometimes don't come with any HAL, as you might know better than I do). I assume that we'll just leave it empty for the ChibiOS/RT support then :D


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:45 pm
by Giovanni
Wouldn't other operating systems have their own initialization? anyway, in 3.0 the HAL will potentially become usable by other OSes or even without OS, not sure I am going to support that scenario however, my targets are RT and NIL only.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:26 pm
by Tectu
Giovanni wrote:Wouldn't other operating systems have their own initialization?

Correct - as I said, you can leave it empty or take the save way.

By the way, I just received mine :)


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 pm
by tronicgr
From what I see from the schematic and the LCD model, the LCD has ILI9341 driver IC or equivalent... Is that correct?

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:02 am
by Tectu
Yes, that seems to be correct to me as well.


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 pm
by Tectu
Any news on this, Giovanni? Did you find any time to work on the port?


~ Tectu