[DONE] The New STM32F429/F439

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by Giovanni »

Strange, it continues to work here using the trunk code.

Does the USB on previous F4 work? see the demo ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS.

Giovanni
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by Tectu »

Giovanni wrote:Does the USB on previous F4 work? see the demo ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS.

Yes, that demo fully works with the current trunk.


~ Tectu
trepidacious
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by trepidacious »

Tectu wrote:
Giovanni wrote:Does the USB on previous F4 work? see the demo ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS.

Yes, that demo fully works with the current trunk.


~ Tectu


Works for me too.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by Giovanni »

Is the board the same revision? mine is marked MB1075 B-01 213364206, assuming this is the revision...

Giovanni
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by Tectu »

MB1075 B-01 213370754 I got here... looks good to me.


~ Tectu
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by Giovanni »

Tomorrow I will post a zip with my ./build directory, this should rule out problems related to the build environment, I will also try another board, just in case. I am out of ideas.

Giovanni
trepidacious
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by trepidacious »

MB1075 B-01 213360448 for me, I guess there are at least 10,000 of these out there :)
trepidacious
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by trepidacious »

I disabled serial over USB and enabled USART1 for shell on pins PA9 and PA10, and this works fine, tests run ok :D I'll start having a look at SDRAM since I'm very curious about performance and self-refresh.
trepidacious
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by trepidacious »

I've hacked the ST FMC driver in to the demo, and SDRAM seems to work fine - writing entire SDRAM takes 149ms and reading it back takes 455ms, which seems pretty fast compared to the PSRAM I was using on a 407 board. No errors checking contents, so that's all good :) I'm sure the official ChibiOS SDRAM support will be much nicer ;)

I'll have a look at self-refresh mode next.
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Post by Tectu »

Could you pull-request your hacked demo to the community repo? But please keep the official one, name yours differently.


~ Tectu
Last edited by Tectu on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply