Page 10 of 14

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:15 pm
by Giovanni
Strange, it continues to work here using the trunk code.

Does the USB on previous F4 work? see the demo ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:22 pm
by Tectu
Giovanni wrote:Does the USB on previous F4 work? see the demo ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS.

Yes, that demo fully works with the current trunk.


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 pm
by trepidacious
Tectu wrote:
Giovanni wrote:Does the USB on previous F4 work? see the demo ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS.

Yes, that demo fully works with the current trunk.


~ Tectu


Works for me too.

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:55 pm
by Giovanni
Is the board the same revision? mine is marked MB1075 B-01 213364206, assuming this is the revision...

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm
by Tectu
MB1075 B-01 213370754 I got here... looks good to me.


~ Tectu

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 pm
by Giovanni
Tomorrow I will post a zip with my ./build directory, this should rule out problems related to the build environment, I will also try another board, just in case. I am out of ideas.

Giovanni

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 am
by trepidacious
MB1075 B-01 213360448 for me, I guess there are at least 10,000 of these out there :)

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:19 am
by trepidacious
I disabled serial over USB and enabled USART1 for shell on pins PA9 and PA10, and this works fine, tests run ok :D I'll start having a look at SDRAM since I'm very curious about performance and self-refresh.

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:56 pm
by trepidacious
I've hacked the ST FMC driver in to the demo, and SDRAM seems to work fine - writing entire SDRAM takes 149ms and reading it back takes 455ms, which seems pretty fast compared to the PSRAM I was using on a 407 board. No errors checking contents, so that's all good :) I'm sure the official ChibiOS SDRAM support will be much nicer ;)

I'll have a look at self-refresh mode next.

Re: [TODO] The New STM32F429/F439

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:56 pm
by Tectu
Could you pull-request your hacked demo to the community repo? But please keep the official one, name yours differently.


~ Tectu